Photos and text copyright Romping and Rolling in the Rockies 2009-2017.

All photographs and text within this blog are copyrighted.

You may not copy or repost any photos or text without specific permission from the author of this blog. When in doubt, please ask.

Monday, December 17, 2012

Sunrise Hike

Shyla and I took a sunrise hike this morning in bitter cold, wind, and snow. Surprisingly, it was just exactly what we needed.
I've been down lately, as I'm betting that you've been able to tell from my posts. A combination of a devastating anniversary and this never-ending flu has left me feeling completely devoid of energy or joy.

There's little that I can do about the flu except wait for it to pass (and try to rest, although I'm getting impatient). However, to help me deal with that unnamed terrible anniversary, I have an amazing girl who is growing up right in front of my eyes. She's sensitive and sweet, a perfect friend for a time like this.
This morning, Shyla headed out into the day with her usual zest, as enthusiastic as I was about greeting the sunrise. While it was still dusky, I kept her on leash to avoid wildlife encounters. But, as the sun became stronger, I decided to let her run a bit. Look at her intensity when she realized that I was going to let her romp!
And, she was off to the races...
By the end of our hike, it was clear that the snow would keep falling, perhaps all day long. Snow dominates our forecast so perhaps we are returning to a normal winter. I think that Shyla hopes so!
Sometimes the best medicine is right in front of me.

28 comments:

  1. Does Shyla's feet even touch the ground? And yes it is true the best medicine is right in front of you. That's what I always tell my MOM, especially lately.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last line is so true! Beautiful photos, as always
    Nola

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dogs can heal us, they are a balm to wounded souls.

    Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the chocolate lab in the early sun pictures. Your last line is perfect.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saturday I was in a bit of a funk from the friday tragedy. I found myself on the floor snuggling with my Gracie all afternoon. She was the medicine I needed for my heart. They really are the best medicine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so right about Shyla being the best medicine- and you are her medicine too. She is so beautiful
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice photos. Shyla sure is happy off leash!
    Cotton

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad you two have each other to do your sunrise walks together.

    I was just comparing a picture of Shyla from when she first came to the ones you posted today.

    What a transformation.

    Bert

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just a spoon full of sugar right! And your sugar is named Shyla.

    We're hoping that in some small way she is helping to heal your heart just a little..

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle & Muffin

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm in love with your photos today! I know it's a bittersweet anniversary, but I am betting Shyla will love all the firsts of this season with you.

    You've had a really long bout of the flu! Have you been to a doctor? Don't wait until it becomes something really serious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Shyla's "take off" picture. I don't know how long she can stay suspended in mid-air, but it would be fun to know.

    She is such a beauty!

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woof! Woof! My mom always say that last sentence ... Golden LOVE. Lots of Golden Woof, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  13. You summed it perfectly. We send White Dog energy to Heal...body and mind.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Off to the races ! Looks like an understatement !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fresh air, exercise, and a canine buddy. It doesn't get much better than that!

    ReplyDelete

  16. Shyla has so much energy it's crazy fun to watch her.

    xo Cinnamon

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those photos are so full of love and beauty. All paws and fingers crossed that you feel a lot better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful! She looks like she is really enjoying life!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good you came out...Shyla is great.
    She enjoys your hikes...

    ReplyDelete
  20. being sick is not fun. i wish you health and joy. your photos as always are lovely. yea that you are getting snow. the sun is out for a moment and i must get out now too. lovely day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. There is not anything nearly as powerful as a dogs undying love.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Boy does Shyla fly! I am so glad you have her to by your side to help ease your pain through this anniversary. Have you tried ginger tea with honey and lemon? It really does help the flu and energy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Everyone is right, the last line is so true--As is your last post--Your heart dog is a part of you.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Look at her go!! As soon as the wet weather clears up you have inspired me to try to learn to pan the dogs while they run. I just love yours.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm glad you've received a diagnosis now so you can begin healing. And I hope Shyla continues to help you work through what I know is painful. It's fun to see her run like that! She is so full of energy! Good that she can run again now!

    I hope you get lots of rest and love, and I hope you're feeling back on top of the world soon.

    ReplyDelete

If you are a Blogger registered user, you can skip the step asking you to verify that you are not a spammer. For posts older than 5 days, I have comment moderation turned on.

Thanks for your comments!!!!!