Photos and text copyright Romping and Rolling in the Rockies 2009-2017.

All photographs and text within this blog are copyrighted.

You may not copy or repost any photos or text without specific permission from the author of this blog. When in doubt, please ask.

Saturday, July 2, 2016

Mostly Black and White Springtime Sunday

At this time of year, I find that the colors of the world are what catch my eye. The wild Columbines are in full bloom, which absolutely awes me. I didn't think that a black and white Columbine would do it justice so I desaturated all the colors except for the purple and the yellow. I thought that the effect was kind of cool!

In the spirit of true black and white, my trail camera captured an image of a mother bear and her cub very early in the morning. I loved how adoringly the cub was looking up at his mother.

Last but not least, our Black Dog, R, is acting more and more like himself. That means that he's acting like a crazy and impish dog - a cracker dog! In this photo, it looks like he's thinking up his next trick to play on us!
Happy Black and White Sunday!

12 comments:

  1. And we bet you are thrilled to see that impish look on his handsome face!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Columbine. Oh! what trick? Golden Woofs, SUGAR

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful.. beautiful photos!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete

  4. Doing a little happy dance R is going to be running soon!
    xo Astro

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's nice to see you looking pain-free handsome R!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love columbine. The ones here in Wyoming are white with yellow centers though. That purple is gorgeous. And horray for R!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful! and YAY for R!!
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can see those wheels turning, R!!

    -Otto

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMD, I loves this postie! Lovely blooms, adorable bears, and one FABulous doggie!!! Who could ask for anything more??! Okays....maybe a margarita and some cookies...☺
    I hopes you have a most FABulous 4th of July!!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete

If you are a Blogger registered user, you can skip the step asking you to verify that you are not a spammer. For posts older than 5 days, I have comment moderation turned on.

Thanks for your comments!!!!!