Photos and text copyright Romping and Rolling in the Rockies 2009-2017.

All photographs and text within this blog are copyrighted.

You may not copy or repost any photos or text without specific permission from the author of this blog. When in doubt, please ask.

Thursday, July 27, 2017

Thankful for our Beautiful World!

We'd just arrived up high in the alpine zone, and Shyla seemed awed the view of the high craggy peaks.

However, she was glad to turn on a dime and sprint to me when I called her.

Some parts of the high country were still covered in thick layers of snow, actually limiting where I could ride my mountain bike.

I am so thankful that our country sees fit to keep some land open and natural, for people and other animals to enjoy.

I hope that we'll be out camping above treeline again, enjoying mellow sunsets, before too long.

Even when we had to go home from our trip earlier than expected, the incredible beauty of the mountains was waiting for us to remind me that there's beauty everywhere.
I love the mountains, and I'm so thankful for every day that I have with our pack up high!

17 comments:

  1. Shyla was born to be in the mountains.
    Her sweet smile proves it's where she is happy.
    Wow that snow was deep!
    xo Astro

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOOK AT THAT SNOW!!!!!!!!!!
    Sorry. But ... SNOW!!!!!
    What beautiful scenery. We can tell Shyla loves her adventures!
    Yours sincerely,
    Margaret Thatcher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such incredible beauty and we are loving your smile, Shyla☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. we need more beautiful scenery like this and I am afraid it will be lost.. so glad to see Shyla running and glad she is ok now

    ReplyDelete
  5. You neck of the woods never fails to amaze!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful smile and wonderful recall!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Snow and flowers, I am amazed at the scenery you have all year round, truly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's gorgeous. Just don't take it for granted...ever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We love seeing how you and Shyla enjoy every minute of the beautiful country/mountain side you live in!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We always love seeing the beauty in your part of the country. My pups sure would love that snow.

    Yes, we were sad to see the bird leave, but it was all for the best since babies would not have had a very good safe place being so close to the dogs:(

    ReplyDelete
  11. The world truly has some amazingly beautiful spots and yours are some of them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. If I lived where you did, I'm not sure I'd ever need a vacation! :)
    Jan, Wag 'n Woof Pets

    ReplyDelete

If you are a Blogger registered user, you can skip the step asking you to verify that you are not a spammer. For posts older than 5 days, I have comment moderation turned on.

Thanks for your comments!!!!!