Photos and text copyright Romping and Rolling in the Rockies 2009-2017.

All photographs and text within this blog are copyrighted.

You may not copy or repost any photos or text without specific permission from the author of this blog. When in doubt, please ask.

Thursday, July 20, 2017

Thankful Thursday - Past and Present

We recently had a significant date for me - it was the date that two of my best dog friends died, in different years. Fourteen years ago, Acadia died on July 15. Her successor, my chocolate angel K, died exactly nine years later.

Each dog teaches me a whole new world of things about dogs, myself, and love. I miss both of them terribly. The loss of K, more recently, still pierces my heart when I realize, yet again, that she's gone from my daily life forever.

But I don't forget to revel in the lives of R and Shyla, our current sweet Duo.

I'm thankful for every one of our dogs - they make me smile.


13 comments:

  1. Our angels will always hold the most special places in our hearts forever♥
    What a stunning rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every dog, like every person in our lives has been there for a purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try to forget the exact dates, as it just makes me more sad. Our Kobi died the day before Valentine's Day though, so I can never forget that one.
    When I'm missing one of my dogs that is gone, especially many years ago, I remind myself that their passing helped to make room for another to love. I'm not really sure if that reasoning helps all that much though. :(
    Jan, Wag 'n Woof Pets

    ReplyDelete
  4. We keep our fur angels close to our heart every day and relish every day with the current duo at the Ranch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your aweeties always make us smile too! Thanks for joining the Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's always sad to say goodbye to our furry friends, but it's great to have some new ones to help you deal with the sad feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those who have passed on are always close in our hearts. To me, the best way to celebrate their lives and to honor them is the way I care for Cam and Mags.
    KZK

    ReplyDelete
  8. We always love and miss those that are gone even as we enjoy those still with us. What would we do without them in our lives? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know exactly how you feel. I am very glad that I am sharing my life with my new pack of three now. But, our angels will always live on in our hearts. What a gorgeous rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am sure they come back to visit you as all sorts of wild life while you are riding the trails

    ReplyDelete
  11. The angels remain in our hearts furever!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  12. A sweet tribute to your pups. Yes, they do all teach us something. And none of them are around anywhere near long enough. (Can't believe they both died on the same day. Wow.)

    ReplyDelete
  13. How odd they passed on the same day years apart. Each of us is different and brings something special to Mom's life.

    ReplyDelete

If you are a Blogger registered user, you can skip the step asking you to verify that you are not a spammer. For posts older than 5 days, I have comment moderation turned on.

Thanks for your comments!!!!!