Photos and text copyright Romping and Rolling in the Rockies 2009-2017.

All photographs and text within this blog are copyrighted.

You may not copy or repost any photos or text without specific permission from the author of this blog. When in doubt, please ask.

Monday, November 20, 2017

Moose Selfie and Camera "Attack"

The wildlife activity is starting to wind down, like it does every year at this time. However, the moose continue to amuse me. They don't leave during the winter so I hope that they'll keep entertaining us all winter long!
Recently, I went to check a trail camera, and I saw it hanging at a funny angle from the tree. It was obvious that "someone" had messed with it. My first thought was a bear, and I checked it with great anticipation that we'd have our final bear view of the year.

I was wrong... a bull moose had rearranged it. He and his lady arrived at a water hole during moose mating season. When they first arrived, they were "talking" in a very whiny way. Make sure that you have your volume on for the video.

Then, the cow moose departed and the bull moose moved toward the camera. He ate for a while next to it, and then he turned his full attention to it. He took a selfie as he rearranged the cam.


I feel very lucky that he didn't destroy the camera. Instead, he turned it so that it was pointed at nothing in particular.

I'm getting zillions of photos and videos of moose these days. I think that they'll keep us entertained for a while!

Here is the video for today! You can watch it here or at Youtube.


22 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    LOL... oh that is extra special!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sound effects! Almost sounds like they are moaning. Thank you for sharing your wonderful world with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the moose conversation! Thank goodness he didn't hurt your camera!

    ReplyDelete
  4. TeeHeeHee...What a cute Moose selfie!
    Glad he didn't hurt the camera!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Close-up and personal cannot get closer than that. Their feet walking in the water, the sounds are so clear, and gentle talking, wild life like we would not see otherwise.Thanks again for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heh, heh. Sounds like she was saying, "not tonight, dear." 😆 Great selfie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not often you get to see a moose selfie! Glad your camera is still OK.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am hysterical and ROFL out loud... the talking just slays me, sounds like humans. keep them coming

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maybe he thought the camera wasn't getting his best side?

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that was entertaining!! And a 'bull's eye view' too.
    Hugs madi and mom

    ReplyDelete
  11. Moose are great, and so talented taking selfies with a trail cam. Hopefully they won't ruin any of your cams.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so glad to see how healthy they look going into winter. I havnt been up on my mountain for a few weeks the snow is getting too deep for my little truck and I was getting a little moose withdrawals. Thanks I feel better now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cool selfie. The sound of their voices was different that we expected. So interesting to see what your cameras catch.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Poor guy didn't want you to film his bull moose sex

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMD, they sound like an old married couple! So, whatcha think Marge, Aspen or Fir for dinner? Not Aspen, we had that last night ~ fir...definitely Fir.
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. I Am Very Happy to Read of Your Blog. Really Great Post. Its brilliant.

    Sony A7Rii Camera Pakistan

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow eeeee! Glad he did not eat it!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete

If you are a Blogger registered user, you can skip the step asking you to verify that you are not a spammer. For posts older than 5 days, I have comment moderation turned on.

Thanks for your comments!!!!!