Photos and text copyright Romping and Rolling in the Rockies 2009-2017.

All photographs and text within this blog are copyrighted.

You may not copy or repost any photos or text without specific permission from the author of this blog. When in doubt, please ask.

Saturday, February 24, 2018

Labraduo Joy

Today, I got to enjoy our Labraduo, with a big brace on my knee and a smile on my face. It started as a bluebird winter day.

I find it almost impossible not to be swept away by their joy.

Then, I came home and rested, watching the day turn from a bluebird day to a snowstorm day outside our windows. The snow is coming down hard!

I worked a bit on this week's Dogwood Photography Challenge which is to use a zoom-burst technique to create an interesting photo. That means that I used a long exposure time and quickly changed the zoom on my camera while the shutter was open. That leads to fun distortions.

I had already decided to use our living room for the photo. Its symmetry makes it a fun choice for this technique. I had a fire burning in the fireplace - but not on the living floor as this photo might suggest. The "zoom-burst" created that distortion of the fire, and also distorted the light rays coming in through the windows.

The next one turned out differently because you can see our windows at the wide angle and most zoomed points in the photo - creating an almost 3-dimensional effect. The fire isn't as crazy looking but I like tunnel-like perspective of this one.
Which one do you like better? I'm trying to decide on one to submit for the challenge.

Thanks for the uplifting comments yesterday. I've spent a decent part of my day supine with ice on my knee. I'd say that I followed instructions for about half the day. That's pretty good for independent-minded me!

20 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    I am favouring the first one - full committment to imagination and creativity! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. the second is my choice. i love it. i love even more the happy labby duo pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the first one! ...and the pup pictures!

    Monty, Harlow, and Ramble

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that first one too, it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the first one. The fire looks like lava, and it’s a great effect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I chime in that I like the first one - the 'moving' fire is awesome!

    And the duo's expressions are a joy to see...

    Thank you!

    --Jean Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. The feeling of movement is greater in the first one so that is neat but I like the fire better in the second one as it is less distracting from the overall image.

    LOVE your wall off windows! So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an interesting technique. I like the first one the best.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Does look like the fireplace is spewing lava into the room! Glad you could get out with that knee.

    ReplyDelete
  10. #1, these are such fun shots. And to be out with the Duo, wonderful, as long as you obey those orders and rest when required.XXX from the far south.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, they are both amazing but I think I like the first one better. Nice job on the challenge! Enjoy that snow and send any leftovers down the hill, ok?

    ReplyDelete
  12. What awesome photos, KB! I like the 2nd one better than the first but they're both wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both photos are unique in the rays of light
    coming in the windows. I do like the second
    one more, because the light and trees are standing out
    in the back ground. Have fun picking a winner
    as they both are fun photos.
    XO Astro

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like both of them, but the window burst in the first one is pretty cool!
    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both of them are really good, but I like the uniqueness of that first one.And of course, the Labraduo shots are the favorite. Half a day of following orders is better than none, BUT . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know... but I did better today. The problem was that I had very little respect for the doc who I saw. I didn't think her knowledge base was good (I used to teach the basics of this kind of stuff - but I don't know specific treatments for specific conditions). I'm finding another doctor... but it will take time.

      Delete
  16. I really like the first photo. Love the lava-like fire. Love the rays of light.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I likes the furst one! It's KERAZY!! I loves the river of fire! very cool!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete

If you are a Blogger registered user, you can skip the step asking you to verify that you are not a spammer. For posts older than 5 days, I have comment moderation turned on.

Thanks for your comments!!!!!