Photos and text copyright Romping and Rolling in the Rockies 2009-2017.

All photographs and text within this blog are copyrighted.

You may not copy or repost any photos or text without specific permission from the author of this blog. When in doubt, please ask.

Monday, October 17, 2011

Waning days of autumn

I had chance to take both halves of the Duo on a mountain bike ride with me. Their voltage was sky-high!
We traveled through paths of golden and red leaves, our yellow-brick road to wintertime.
During one brief stop, K stood next to me and rested her paw on my cycling-shoe clad foot.
Some leaves are still on the trees in the sun-bathed sections of the forests.
This brilliant stand of aspens glows like a beacon in our world.
We are eking out every last bit of fun in the sun during the waning days of our autumn. Soon, it will be truly winter. I always have trouble with the transition to winter but, when it's truly underway, I end up enjoying it. The snow bike emerges from hibernation, animal tracks in the snow intrigue me, and the the bears disappear until next spring.

I am still hoping to capture photos of bears on their way into hibernation but the bear trails have been quiet recently. Perhaps a bear or a bear family will choose the den with my trail camera outside it for their winter sleep like two winters ago. I hope so.

17 comments:

  1. OK I am officially a stalker. YOu have barely got this post up and here I am.

    Love the photos. YOur fall leaves and blue sky are great. I was blessed enough to see an almost similar sight on my ride Saturday.

    I love the bear photo and I hope you get a lot more too.

    The pups look so happy.

    Berts My Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post is up, now I can end my day wif a smile. :)
    K & R look like dey is havin' a great time! Mom has trouble wif da transition to winter too, but prolly fur different reasons, her is not a fan of da cold and snow!

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yellow brick road to wintertime, I love that!
    The cold seems to be coming and going here, trying to make up it's mind if it wants to stay or not. The Newfs wish it would stay:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful photos! And what a bear shot! Looks like another great day there in the Rockies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness adorable stuffie bear
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowza. More fabulous photos. We sure are glad we found you. Great action shot of K and R. No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, they sure look like they are moving fast like the wind in that first shot! And boy, do they look happy! Beautiful autumn colors!

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always dread winter, too, and this year I'm afraid it will arrive early. We did manage to get out and find a lot of things to appreciate about winter last year, though, so I'm hoping we can do that again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We always find this season of transition one that fills us with a torn sense that drives us to get things done...and one of long procrastination to draw out the golden moments. Your photos capture that sensation beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our dogs always thrive during the winter transition, they always want to run faster. If only it was that easy for humans. :)

    I don't care how many times you show those aspens I am always amazed by their sheer brilliance. Like seeing sunshine. Beautiful.

    Enjoy these days and every day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Still so beautiful there! I love the leaf photo. The dogs look energized.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thats a cute little last year bear you have pictured there. K & R look excited and full of fun.

    Its getting 40ish here and wouldn't take much of a drop in temps to get some snow. Yeah, I will be glad for it right through March, but then I just ache for Spring!

    Cheers,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Guys, you really look great and nice shots of photos, your so active! :)


    ------------------------------

    It's all About Pet Fences | Dog Fence

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fall/Winter transition is very hard on the old phsyche...we have rain which adds to the doldrums. Your stunning aspen leaves are so cheerful...grab onto them and you'll cross that divide(pun intended) without any problem!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great photographs! If I have my way, the only snow I would see this winter would be posted on your blog. I hope the bear uses the cave again this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That truly is an energetic shot of the duo! Such joy always in their faces, no matter what!

    Love the leaves, and the incredible blue skies to go with. Hoping the bears will return after a long winter's rest...

    ReplyDelete
  17. I keep wanting to ask what happened to R! It's good to see both of them having fun!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete

If you are a Blogger registered user, you can skip the step asking you to verify that you are not a spammer. For posts older than 5 days, I have comment moderation turned on.

Thanks for your comments!!!!!