Photos and text copyright Romping and Rolling in the Rockies 2009-2017.

All photographs and text within this blog are copyrighted.

You may not copy or repost any photos or text without specific permission from the author of this blog. When in doubt, please ask.

Monday, May 8, 2017

A Bear Who Earned the Name "Bandit"

While we were innocently playing around in the desert, a certain bear was plotting revenge for my "spying" on him with my trail cameras. But, we had no idea...

We were so relaxed, having no idea what might be underway at home.

It turned out that a youngish male bear was visiting areas where my trail cameras are located. I got fun video of one of his silly attempts to mark a tree. Milton also marked the same tree, which gives you a chance to compare a mature dominant male bear to a young adult male bear who really doesn't stand a chance of competing (yet).

It turned out that Bandit's mischief was expensive to me. I discovered it today, and I'll get to work on a video to share it with you. I'll give you the hint that I gave him the name "Bandit" after finding his handiwork today.

For now, here's an introduction to Bandit. He's a silly youngster who isn't very good at marking trees yet and isn't anywhere near as strong or skilled as a bear like Milton.

If you have trouble watching the short video here, check it out on Youtube.


Tomorrow, I hope to show you why I decided to name him "Bandit".

On another note, I've had a lot of trouble getting caught up with my work since getting home. I hope to catch up with all of you very soon! My apologies for being so slow.

15 comments:

  1. Bandit sure does need to work on his marking technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Bandit you are a big ginormous baby BOL
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Boy, I guess they all have to learn, he is so small compared to Milton, but expensive, that can mean ONLY ONE THING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Bandit. He needs Milton to show him how it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Bandit, he does need a few lessons! BOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bandit sure is different than Milton.
    Oh I hope he didn't do to much damage.
    XO Astro

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOl - Bandit doesn't quite get it. Reminds us of Phantom's first time lifting his leg on a tree - he lifted the outside leg instead:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like Bandit could use a few shimmy lessons!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bandit is a cool one and Shyla is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a feeling his new moniker has to do with damaged or missing equipment. Silly bear.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love Bandit! Bears are so fun to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't think Bandit takes the job very seriously...he was just being silly. I thought the big guy was going to know the tree right over!
    Jan, Wag 'n Woof Pets

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ha ha, how do they learn about marking? Is it by watching another bear?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Take all the time you need. That's part of the process of blogging anyway. 😇

    ReplyDelete

If you are a Blogger registered user, you can skip the step asking you to verify that you are not a spammer. For posts older than 5 days, I have comment moderation turned on.

Thanks for your comments!!!!!