Photos and text copyright Romping and Rolling in the Rockies 2009-2017.

All photographs and text within this blog are copyrighted.

You may not copy or repost any photos or text without specific permission from the author of this blog. When in doubt, please ask.

Monday, July 10, 2017

Mountain Lion at a Water Hole

I captured a couple of clips of a mountain lion, perhaps the mother from the trio that we saw recently, at a water hole. First, she drank, and then she licked her giant paw, before sauntering away from the water.

Here she is on a trail near the water hole.

And here is the video of her at the water hole. I hope that you enjoy the short video, either here or at Youtube.

18 comments:

  1. What a great video! It's so good to know there are still mountain lions out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is so beautiful and I love the smacking sounds she makes while drinking

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just got to get one of those cameras....
    mark

    ReplyDelete
  4. As that mountain lion is walking away from the water, it appears that she is limping...perhaps why she was licking her paw...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed that too. I hoped it was just something very minor... I'll be checking cams again soon so maybe I'll find out something more!

      Delete
  5. A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. And the size of those paws. Whoa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not quite as relaxed as the bears. Can't believe the clarity of the sound.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everyone gets thirsty, and kitties are big on clean paws.

    ReplyDelete
  8. With all the heat around, we bet that water was refreshing. Thanks for sharing the video.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those magnificent animals. I always love these videos. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That must be what Moxie and Della sound like when they drink, but only if my ear was right next to their bowl! Really special video - thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. We love seeing those big kitties, from a distance!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such fantastic peaks into nature!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to have an option for seeing such a magnificent creature without making a pest of myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that you can hear her lapping away too - she's a noisy drinker! :)

    ReplyDelete

If you are a Blogger registered user, you can skip the step asking you to verify that you are not a spammer. For posts older than 5 days, I have comment moderation turned on.

Thanks for your comments!!!!!