Photos and text copyright Romping and Rolling in the Rockies 2009-2017.

All photographs and text within this blog are copyrighted.

You may not copy or repost any photos or text without specific permission from the author of this blog. When in doubt, please ask.

Thursday, August 3, 2017

Thankful Thursday - Keeping Life in Perspective

I lost my smartphone somewhere in the woods while riding my bike. I spent nearly all day Wednesday riding back and forth over my route trying to find it. Although I'd set up the "find my iPhone" option in my apple account, my phone is invisible. That put me into a lousy state of mind.

However, Thankful Thursday is a good way to yank me back to reality. It's just a stupid phone. The most important parts of my life are fine (except for some continued GI upset in our carcass-eating chocolate Lab who is spending Thursday at the vet).

I love the mountains and our Shyla, and they're both fine!

I love our black dog and all of the wildflowers. They're still fine too!

Modern life can make me lose perspective. Losing a phone is really not a big deal although communication will be difficult until I can get a new one.
Happy Thankful Thursday!

17 comments:

  1. Phones are so much more than just ways to communicate now. They have our emails, store our contacts, our pictures, our way to connect to our blogs and social media. I can understand being upset over losing one.

    But yes, our lives and loved ones are more important. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    We have set so much store in storing externally, we sometimes need these thumps to make us 'get real'! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mountains, flowers, and dogs. It's all good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Use another phone and keep calling it
    snorts,
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  5. You definitely had much for which to be grateful. Sorry 'bout the phone loss. Always a pain. In addition to the "Find my Phone" app, I added a tag on the back of mine "If found, contact xxx-xxx-xxx. It helped me one time when I lost it shopping. Whew! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We agree, it is just a phone! When you get a new one it needs recall training! Thanks for joining the Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is a super smile R... like the pot of gold we find near that rainbow... your mom found even two, you and Shyla ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is always much to be thankful for!
    I think one of those bears took your phone.
    Yours sincerely,
    Margaret Thatcher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking that you were right about a bear taking it - then I made one more trip up and down the mountain where I lost it. I found it :) Yipee!

      Delete
  9. Bummer about your phone. The rainbow is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Something like losing a phone does tend to cause a problem, but one has to take the whole picture into view and it is really just a small speed bump in life. Maybe you will stumble on it one day, who knows.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Funny that there used to be a day without cell phones and we now we cannot imagine life without. We just have prepaid tracfones but when we went to Canada last week we found out they would not work there. We paid $75 for another phone with a month of service because we did not want to be without communication on our trip

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good to remember that phones are just THINGS. Remember all the people who enjoyed those mountains without a phone.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We are sorry about the phone, and yes it is JUST a phone, but maybe if you can call it with another phone while you are out riding, it will turn up. More importantly we are hoping that the day at the vet for Shyla is helpful and she comes homes doing much better.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We get so dependent on our technology! With all my blog updates, and now trying to get a new laptop up and running, I know how you feel. It's always good to step back and remember what is truly important.
    I hope all is OK with Shyla, and that things go well at the vet and they can get her to feeling 100%.
    Jan, Wag 'n Woof Pets

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happened to me. Discovered afterwards that I had put the phone in one those silent/do not disturb modes or even airplane mode: and didn't turn it back on. Not sure now, but result was " find my phone " was disabled. A bummer. You are allowed to be bummed.

    ReplyDelete

If you are a Blogger registered user, you can skip the step asking you to verify that you are not a spammer. For posts older than 5 days, I have comment moderation turned on.

Thanks for your comments!!!!!