Photos and text copyright Romping and Rolling in the Rockies 2009-2017.

All photographs and text within this blog are copyrighted.

You may not copy or repost any photos or text without specific permission from the author of this blog. When in doubt, please ask.

Thursday, March 31, 2022

Thankful Thursday

I am thankful that I am starting to feel a bit better. I have been working hard at my range of motion exercises, and they are paying off. I can even reach my keyboard with my right hand! I can also reach my handlebars on my indoor bike trainer. 

I am so fortunate to be able to get my shoulder fixed and to have an amazing physical therapist working with me. I'm also so thankful to have the Runner helping me so that I don't have to push the limits more than I should.

It still feels like normalcy is a long way off but I am doing my best to be patient. I am hopeful that I'll be able to ride to my favorite places by summertime. I don't know if I'll be able to handle rough trails on my bike that soon but time will tell. I certainly will try to be strong enough for my favorite trails! This photo was from a long fat bike ride just before I blew out my shoulder.



15 comments:

  1. we are glad to hear about lots of progress and we send lots of weimpower to hear more of this good news...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so pleased your shoulder is improving, albeit slowly, but I can imagine how frustrating it must be. I can advise patience, but it is not something I have any talent for practising myself!
    Cheers, Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    Slow and steady wins this race, KB - but frustration acknowledged and appreciated! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I second this! Well-said, Yamini!

      Chris from Boise

      Delete
  4. so thankful you are healing and can do some of what you could not a week ago.. I am not a patient person, and this would make me crazy. as bob would say, make me crazier!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're glad to hear your rehab is going so well. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you heal up perfectly. Keep up the good work and you'll be back on your bike and riding your trails.

    Have a fabulous day. Scritches to the pups. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you are behaving as the surgeon dictated, and slow progress might be the best way through this. Summer is still a fair way off, and maybe suddenly you will find movements are a lot easier.
    What a magnificent setting in that photo, magical!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful shot! Continued best wishes as you recover and rehab from the surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous scene you captured! Sounds like things are improving as each day passes!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's painful just to think about your shoulder injury. Hope it keeps healing well and quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You will get there and we're so glad to hear about your progress, hooray! Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great news. I know you will beat this. If I did it you can. It does get easier. You will be back to riding soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kudos for doing what you need to do to get back to where you want to be. Keep up the good work-it'll all be so worth it!

    ReplyDelete

If you are a Blogger registered user, you can skip the step asking you to verify that you are not a spammer. For posts older than 5 days, I have comment moderation turned on.

Thanks for your comments!!!!!