Photos and text copyright Romping and Rolling in the Rockies 2009-2017.

All photographs and text within this blog are copyrighted.

You may not copy or repost any photos or text without specific permission from the author of this blog. When in doubt, please ask.

Sunday, March 6, 2022

Black Dog Sunday

It has been such a hard winter. Not only have I had three surgeries but I also lost my dad. The most recent surgery has thrown me a curveball because I cannot use my usual coping strategies. I cannot ride a bike, I cannot snowshoe hike, and I cannot even type. I have to constantly be in an arm sling, and I must absolutely avoid damage to my shoulder. Even typing is super hard because I can only use my left hand. I am dictating this post but, to be honest, dictation does not work all that well. But I have a story that I want to share with you.

The other night while I was sleeping, our black dog visited me in a dream. It was spring time, and the meadow outside our house was verdant green. A thick fog was hovering above the meadow, obscuring everything except the glow of the green grass. Then the fog parted, and our Black Dog was standing in the meadow gazing at me. He was young and physically perfect, his black fur glistening in the fog. He gazed at me with his warm brown eyes, and I was enveloped in a feeling of warmth and peace. We stood suspended in time looking at each other. Then, I started to walk towards him. Within a few steps, the fog closed around him, and I could not see him anymore.


I woke up feeling happy and so lucky to have had our black dog visit me as I slept. He is with me all the time.

19 comments:

  1. Struggling through difficult times without one's usual coping strategies is tough. I'm so pleased your beloved Black Dog came to visit as you slept.
    Take care and stay patient,
    Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful dream♥ We continue to send you lots and lots of healing vibes, KB.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs for you and so happy your beautiful black dog visited you and lifted your spirits. I am trying to imagine how bad it would be to be in your condition. prayers for healing coming your way..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari OM
    Aw, R-spirit, there to say "don't worry, be happy!" YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. How comforting to know that R is still looking over you and that he came back to try to bring you some peace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that your beautiful and so much loved Black Dog visited you in your dream. Our dogs know so well when we are going through difficult times so he came to offer his love and support. I'm glad he made you happy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was so happy to read that the Black dog was able to visit when you needed it the most. Thinking of you while you recover.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your darling R was sending you a message, that just as he overcame all the obstacles in his life, so will you.And he is now perfect, pain free, running though the grasses, and what a wonderful dream to be able to remember.He just knew you needed a visit so much. A really difficult time in a sling with your right arm, but the surgery and the healing will make such a difference, I have read that shoulder surgery is complicated and difficult, specially with a rotator cuff, so the long days, no riding, working or anything else will surely all pay off in weeks to come. Let the others do everything and sit with you in that morning sunshine.XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those kind of visit. It has been a while since I have had one, but I know they are always with me. As they are with you. Take care my friend and stay in the warmth of R's eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so wonderful you had a visit from your Black Dog. He's letting you know that he is well and happy and watching over you.

    Take care, and continues best wishes for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sweetie wanted to let you know that he will always be watching over you, and he will. I hope the healing happens quickly for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is so nice to know that NAR semt you such a message -
    he's watching out for you - and letting you know he's watching along with your NAD -

    Healing H&K&W,
    Willow and Phull

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is so terrific that you got a dream visit and even better that your remembered it. The Black Dog knew how much you needed a visit. He has a tender soul.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a joy to have that Black Dog R come for a visit, especially at this tough time. Hang in there, KB. We know it's tough, and we know you're tough too.

    Chris from Boise

    ReplyDelete
  15. KB what an absolutely magical and beautiful Black Dog dream.
    R came to you in your dream to give you strength and remind you that you are a Warrior...
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so happy that your Black Dog visited you in a dream. When I read about your surgeries I immediately thought about all of the physical therapy you did with him and that he would certainly be an inspiration to you in your healing journey. Wishing you a speedy recovery and sending positive thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. See...he still knows when you need him most. When you're normally active, it's hard to abandon an active life. Here's hoping the recovery process starts to speed up.

    ReplyDelete

If you are a Blogger registered user, you can skip the step asking you to verify that you are not a spammer. For posts older than 5 days, I have comment moderation turned on.

Thanks for your comments!!!!!