Photos and text copyright Romping and Rolling in the Rockies 2009-2017.

All photographs and text within this blog are copyrighted.

You may not copy or repost any photos or text without specific permission from the author of this blog. When in doubt, please ask.

Sunday, December 28, 2014

Starry Sunday

A flashback - at K's Rock in Utah in November, it was a mostly clear night with just a wisp of a cloud above us. I'd set up my camera to shoot the stars when I saw a shooting star zip above the tallest part of K's Rock. I hoped that my camera had captured it.

After I arrived home and started wading through my photos, I discovered that the camera did capture it.
After the shooting star, I left the camera going for hours, and this was the final photo. So many stars...
The thought of warm sun and clear night skies seemed almost surreal in our blustery winter world today. The fierce wind was whipping the fresh snow horizontally.
Quite a contrast...

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! We were supposed to get 6-8 inches of snow today but only got about half an inch at most.

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just can't imagine all that pretty in one place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great luck, capturing the shooting star!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your star photos!! They are so neat!! That's awesome you got the shooting star!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Starry starry night alright
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  6. Catching up on what I've missed. We are a long way from winter--At least today. But your photos are truly amazing and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What Beautiful Photos :) Milo & Jet

    ReplyDelete
  8. A nice warm fire later will feel good to you both! Beautiful photos, KB!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I couldn't handle wind! Yikes! Very beautiful photos!

    Monty and Harlow

    ReplyDelete
  10. The starts are great, and the desert certainly looks warmer than what you have now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mom likes those starry pictures an awful lot ... but me? I LOVE the SNOW!!!!!!!!! Shyla, you are one lucky Labrapuppy!!!!
    Yours sincerely,
    Margaret Thatcher

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi KB, if it is cold and snowy here, it must be really cold at your place. Sending you wishes for a healthy and incredible New Year.
    Hugs,
    Noreen

    ReplyDelete

If you are a Blogger registered user, you can skip the step asking you to verify that you are not a spammer. For posts older than 5 days, I have comment moderation turned on.

Thanks for your comments!!!!!