I got to take photos of the Labraduo together yesterday at sunset.
We'll probably get an appointment with our orthopedic surgeon to have him check over R. He's very honest about whether he thinks surgery is needed yet. He is the one who fully supported us waiting a year until at least this fall for the surgery so we trust him a great deal. Before we do that, we are cutting R's Rimadyl dose in half to see how he does. Time will tell.
We love having R be able to run and play so we'll do whatever it takes to keep him athletic.
I also think that the Runner is a little afraid of having two invalids in the house at the same time. R and I might be a very demanding pair!