Photos and text copyright Romping and Rolling in the Rockies 2009-2017.

All photographs and text within this blog are copyrighted.

You may not copy or repost any photos or text without specific permission from the author of this blog. When in doubt, please ask.

Sunday, October 4, 2020

Black Dog Sunday

I've come to realize how much my little one-on-one outings with R made me happy. He was such a hilariously happy dog who brought out the best in me. 

Last fall, I made a big point of taking our Black Dog to spots with golden aspens. I loved how he looked at me with total focus whenever we stopped in the forest. He loved the games that we played. When he gave me a look like this one, it meant that I should start one of his favorite games and quit clicking the shutter.

So, I did. In the past year, this was his very favorite game. The more treats, the happier he was because he knew that he'd get to eat all of them. When he launched them into the air and didn't catch them, it was like the sky was raining treats. In fact, R seemed to think that the sky might start raining treats at any moment - he was that much of an optimist.

Now, as I go through the forest, I see certain spots that are gloriously beautiful, and I think "I want to bring R here". Then, I realize that I can't, except in my heart.

We've been so comforted by all of the photos that we have of R. They make us smile with the memories of the day when I took them. His endlessly happy and enthusiastic personality shines through in almost all of them. When I look at the photos, I feel like I can see the world through R's eyes and heart. He felt the potential for fun in every situation. He wagged his way through life.

Happy Black Dog Sunday. If he were here, our Black Dog would inspire us to find a few moments to enjoy the beauty of the world and play with him. Perhaps we all can find a fun few moments today in his memory.

21 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Angel R, today I am looking out my window as the dark grey, heavy clouds begin to roll back and reveal the wide blue yonder and sunlight and I think of you now, reading this... Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say something else here, but then I read your last sentence and all I could think of was making a wonderful moment in his memory today. And why not some other day too? With all the smoke outside, we are becoming a trio of couch potatoes. So today we will play in his memory. Balls can after all be chased in a small house. I'm sure it makes no difference to my dog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet R always inspired the happy in all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such great memories of your Black Dog. He sure was a happy boy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that boy, love his ever-lasting joy! What a blessing he was.

    Chris from Boise

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that treats down the nose and that proves he was the eternal optimist.. knowing even though he could not see them to catch them, he could EAT them... I like seeing your special memories of your beautiful black angel

    ReplyDelete
  7. He was such a special boy that loved life and lived it to the fullest♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spending some time enjoying your day and having a bit of fun would be the best tribute to R. I love how you share your memories, he was such a beautiful dog and a beautiful soul.

    Take care and stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That photo of R with the line of treats down his nose is just priceless.
    Bertie now wants to play that game!

    ReplyDelete
  10. " He wagged his way through life. " if only we humans could learn to do that. XO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Black Dog Sunday. I know he's still giving you 'that' look in your heart these days.

    ReplyDelete
  12. KB Happy Black dog Sunday to you and thank you for all the beautiful photos and commentary.
    If I'm to be honest...I'd tell you I have more photos of Angel Madi than I do of Favorite Sis of Angel Madi.
    LOL. Only because Madi photos are digital and saved to the computer in one place. I do have lots of Sissy photos but they are scattered about in albums and storage bins.

    I agree the photos of our furry Angels are sure Golden.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  13. His much loved memory is with me today as I look at the one open sunflower, too early by far, but a golden bloom looking to the sun, and R is in your heart and ours as we think of those golden days you shared.Yes, huge sadness as he isn't there in reality to share your new home and trails, but always in spirit with his smile and love.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that attitude he has in that first picture! Good to see he had some sassiness in him.

    So hard to carry him in your heart when all you feel is the loss. Thinking of you.


    ReplyDelete
  15. I feel the same when I look through the thousands of photos of Tommy. His smile, his joy in his ball, his insistence on being with me wherever I went, fill me with such warmth through the sadness of no longer having him there. R was a very special boy and he will always be there with you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am glad the memories make you happy and not said. The legend of the Black Dog grows.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Angel R, you are still bringing joy to the world! I am glads you will be with your pack, if only in their hearts ♥
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works

    Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
    Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email address::{Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}

    We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
    machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
    stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
    services, we are here for you anytime any day.

    Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD

    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    email address:::::: {Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}
    Whatsapp:::::+31687835881
    ®

    ReplyDelete

If you are a Blogger registered user, you can skip the step asking you to verify that you are not a spammer. For posts older than 5 days, I have comment moderation turned on.

Thanks for your comments!!!!!