Photos and text copyright Romping and Rolling in the Rockies 2009-2017.

All photographs and text within this blog are copyrighted.

You may not copy or repost any photos or text without specific permission from the author of this blog. When in doubt, please ask.

Thursday, October 8, 2020

Thankful Thursday

For all of the happiness associated with our move, the stress of having an endless list of things to do is getting to me. Migraines have been stalking me, and I really hope that I can find an inner zen in the midst of the chaos.

Despite all of the demands, I still get out to see the glorious beauty of autumn every day. Labrador Valley is stunning when it is cloaked in golden leaves. This photo shows a side valley that is lined with towering aspens. Surprisingly, in the middle of the valley, one long-lived Ponderosa Pine tree stands in the middle of the meadow. You can see it through the aspen trunks in this photo. Even though it's not golden at this time of year, that pine captures everyones' attention as they walk up the valley.


Shyla adores Lone Ponderosa Valley too. The ground is soft, almost boggy, which seems to invite her gallop faster and even more happily than usual.


Her happiness is contagious as she howls with happiness about the wonders of autumn. She loves the cool air in the morning (some might call it "cold" because it's below freezing). She still swims in the creek almost every morning even when I worry that her fur might get icicles!
I am thankful for this place that is bringing our pack so much happiness. I'll admit that I'm looking forward to the transition phase being over - but we will keep trying to find time to appreciate nature's beauty even when we have endless "to-do" lists.

22 comments:

  1. oooh it is the legendary el dorado now... the place indiana jones never found ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    Ugh, yes, moving home after so long brings all sorts of sorting to do!!! It can take quite a while for things to feel like they own their place in the new surroundings. But then comes the time when you think, really, already that long?! Meanwhile, what and environment to live in... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moving is never easy but when everything is in place and as you like it, it was all worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moving is a huge event for sure. I remember and it took me weeks to get everything where is should be. You'll get there.

    I so enjoy seeing your neck of the woods and I can tell you moved to the perfect place.

    Have a fabulous Thankful Thursday. Scritches to the pups. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love that last picture of Shyla! Joyful abandon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We always love seeing your golden aspens this time of year. Our paws are crossed the the moving will be done soon and those nasty migraines will be gone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That beautiful Green Tree in the midst of all that gold wow what a s i g h t! To-do list make me crazy because I'm not a person that can forget about them and as long as a list is there I keep trying to do it all at one time. I wish you much luck with the two to do list and that you will get settled in and that list will shrink to nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet Shyla is beautiful and looks so happy. Your new valley sure is pretty. Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You got one howling Lab! I told Faith about it, but she says she'll leave the howling to Samson. According to her, he's more closely related to wolves, while she, of course, is much more refined, and finds howling a bit below her. She still wonders why we named an earlier dog Princess and didn't wait for her to get the name.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry, that had little to do with your gorgeous pictures of the aspen and Shyla. I'm glad your new place is working out so well for you and your family. And the work will not last forever.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't realise you were in the middle of a move. Not too far away, I hope! Still, moves are exhausting and so stressful. I wish you all the best, and thank you for the glorious photos, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  12. KB sending hugs for you beautiful post in the midst of your move and that dang nagging Magraine.
    Maybe you all soon be settled.
    Amazingly I did not peep during the baking of the c.p. pumpkin bread...my taste buds were set for it so I didn't want to chance messing it up. It is so good
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ecstasy doggie howl. I love it.
    Try upping your water you are drinking, you may not be taking care of you as you should.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMD it's cold there. It was 50 here in the TN Valley this morning, and I dressed in layers and wore a stocking cap, LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the photo of Shyla howling! She's such a sweetheart.

    The colors are stunning, and I know they won't last very long. Enjoy and good luck with the transition.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The pundits say moving home is the most stressful event in our lives!! No wonder the migraines ahve shown up, but those colours, the names for your valleys already, and colder weather might all be the healing needed. No wonder the doggies love it too, peace, security, safety in a secluded space, and the joy of nature's colours. XXX from a cool a.m. here, almost 6C outside.

    ReplyDelete
  17. We love seeing Shyla expressing her joy at the beauty all around here. Enjoy - the snow will be here soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just remember to 'eat that elephant one bite at a time" for a more peaceful transition. And enjoy all that beautiful territory.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I remember how stressful moving was, and it takes a while to get everything settled! But I know it will be worth it for you, just as it was for us. Hang in there, and I'm glad you and Shyla get to enjoy all that beauty and get a break from that stress!
    Jan, Wag 'n Woof Pets

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am glad you as so happy in your beautiful new home.

    ReplyDelete
  21. So happy everyone seems to enjoy the new home and area. We swim in water when there is still some ice on it, and it doesn't bother us. We aren't even a swimming breed.

    ReplyDelete

If you are a Blogger registered user, you can skip the step asking you to verify that you are not a spammer. For posts older than 5 days, I have comment moderation turned on.

Thanks for your comments!!!!!