Photos and text copyright Romping and Rolling in the Rockies 2009-2017.

All photographs and text within this blog are copyrighted.

You may not copy or repost any photos or text without specific permission from the author of this blog. When in doubt, please ask.

Sunday, September 12, 2021

Black Dog Sunday

Our Black Dog was with us in spirit on our summer trip as we visited places that he'd loved. Because he was on my mind so much, I made a collage of some of my favorite photos of him. The one on the left was from the lake where Shyla joyfully swam this summer. She learned how to seize every single day from her sweet brother.


While we were away, we passed the one year anniversary of our Black Dog's death. Very soon, I'm going to change the format of Black Dog Sunday posts - so that it's less about specific memories of our Black Dog and more about the joy for life that he had. I'll write about sights or events from the previous week that reminded me of his amazing spirit. Believe me, I am reminded of his spirit every single day when I see beauty or happiness.

I haven't figured out what to call the posts yet - perhaps something like "Black Dog Joy on Sunday". Do you have suggestions?

Happy Black Dog Sunday!

12 comments:

  1. Hari Om
    ...I'd just stick with Black Dog Sunday - we all know and love it and the joy will be evident from the photos - as they have always been!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always remember his with Joy so either name is perfect. I lean towards Black Dog Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joyful Black Dog? Doesn't matter - it will be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He was the most joyful boy and the most handsome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Black Dog Joy of course when you see R it is obvious there is joy!!
    Hugs cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great memories of R in your collage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He was a joy in your life and ours too , any name will honour his life and his delight in every day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The rest of the world needs that Black Dog joy so they could smile like we do when we see him.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WE love any and all of your memories of Black Dog. Whatever title you choose, it will be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Black Dog Joy sounds 'pawfect!' I always smile when I see images of your sweet boy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic - And Todays Post With The Moose And Bears, So Cool - Amazing Photos From The San Juan Area - Congrats On Working With The H Boy Over The Years - Sending Positive Vibes And Big Hugs

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete

If you are a Blogger registered user, you can skip the step asking you to verify that you are not a spammer. For posts older than 5 days, I have comment moderation turned on.

Thanks for your comments!!!!!