Photos and text copyright Romping and Rolling in the Rockies 2009-2017.

All photographs and text within this blog are copyrighted.

You may not copy or repost any photos or text without specific permission from the author of this blog. When in doubt, please ask.

Saturday, January 29, 2022

Shyla Saturday

Shyla makes me smile every day. We are out in the inky darkness before sunrise to catch the beautiful colors as the sun peeks over the eastern horizon. It's been very cold recently at dawn but Shyla enthusiastically poses for me.

My left wrist is feeling better every day so we can ride to our favorite spot. That will continue until Tuesday, when I get surgery on my right wrist. Then, I'll start the healing process again.

 

I still cannot do snow activities that might hurt my wrist so Shyla has been romping with the Runner and Hachi a lot. She is an amazing dog. She started out so timid but now she is the instigator when wrestling with her brother. Over time, I've learned more about the situation that Shyla was born into, and it was very unstable and scary. I'm glad that she was resilient enough to leave it behind and now live her best life.


Tomorrow is Sunday, which is traditionally Black Dog Sunday. I am so sorry to say that, since my father's death, I have not found that my heart can handle writing Black Dog Sunday posts. For now, I'm going to pause those posts, even though the memories of him that flit through my mind during an average day do make me smile. They always will.

12 comments:

  1. Hari om
    Fab fotos as always...look after yourself KB...THE BLOG CAN WAIT!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You truly glow in the morning light, Shyla, and we are so happy that you have your wonderful family who love you so much♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. KB Shyla and Hachi's snow 'dance' made me smile. Both your pups are the perfect example of what TLC can accomplish.
    I am so happy your left wrist is better each day.
    Take care of yourself.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shyla is such a pretty sweetheart. I hope your right wrist heals quickly too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is good news your wrist is better and you can get out with Shyla. I love this huggy photo. we all understand the pain of loss, hugs and prayers for your heart to heal, but that will take a lot of time

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the shot of Shyla and Hachi wrestling! Good luck with your right wrist surgery and I wish you a speedy recovery.

    Time will temper the pain of your loss and both Black Dog and your Dad will remain in your heart forever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shyla always looks beautiful in the early morning sun. We have our paws crossed that your next surgery goes well and that you heal quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Black Dog Sunday memories and your Dad, all too soon , but the healing is going ahead for your left wrist, and soon the right one too, hoping with all my heart that the next surgery is successful, and soon you will be out there again with both Shyla and Hachi.Meantime, let Runner hold the ropes, literally outdoors and indoors too, Hugh was told no repetitive movements for at least 6 weeks,after surgery on one wrist , this included using a broom, sweeping, wiping anything a lot, he tried so hard to not do any of that.Hope you can let all those things go for the meantime too.XX

    ReplyDelete
  9. be kind to yourself! and give all of it Time. XO

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sending digital warm thoughts of comfort for your heart and healing energy for your wrists.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is great to see Shyla thriving. We understand about the Black Dog posts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm with Foley Monster and crew. And we're all with you, dear friend.

    Chris from Boise

    ReplyDelete

If you are a Blogger registered user, you can skip the step asking you to verify that you are not a spammer. For posts older than 5 days, I have comment moderation turned on.

Thanks for your comments!!!!!