Photos and text copyright Romping and Rolling in the Rockies 2009-2017.

All photographs and text within this blog are copyrighted.

You may not copy or repost any photos or text without specific permission from the author of this blog. When in doubt, please ask.

Friday, December 14, 2012

See Beautiful

Today's See Beautiful post is important to me for it benefits a cause that I support with all my heart - the pet area at St. Anne's homeless shelter - a cause for which our friend Goose has worked so hard. Please read the "See Beautiful" post to see how you can help and consider joining this Blog Hop, hosted by Sugar, who is donating a dollar for every post.
I have to admit that my heart feels heavy tonight for I've been reading the news. So many lives taken and hearts broken... again.
Yet, whenever life seems too onerous for rejoicing, I remind myself of the things that are irreplaceable in my world. My Runner, my dogs, and my little slice of Mother Earth.
The beauty can still shine through, like it did during our trip to the desert in the past month. And, R's ever playful spirit always makes me smile. If you ask R to "take a bow", he has to do it with more pizzazz and for longer than any dog in history. That's our R.
Most afternoons at home, I have a moment of peace and beauty with at least one dog, watching the sun set and the dusky sky. My Angel K used to watch every sunset with me. Shyla is now my daily partner, and some days, the rest of the pack joins us.
No matter what, I know that the Earth keeps rotating and stars create their own art every single night. I once wrote about the first major death in my life, the loss of my mother, and how I somehow believed that her watch would have stopped ticking upon her death. I was utterly and unabashedly surprised to see the second hand still sweeping circles when I gazed at it after she was gone. Indeed, the stars are still making circles in the sky tonight.
Time marches forward. I try, with each day, regardless of the tragedies around me, to See Beautiful.

21 comments:

  1. Woof! Woof! There are times its hard to see beauty when tragedy occurs but just have to believe as beauty always exist. Happy This Moment See Beautiful Friday. Golden Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos and thoughts. Thanks for joining our hop. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what we all needed to say after today's horrible events -

    Thanks for sharing with us

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tears this morning as I watched events on TV. Too many losses for any family to comprehend, my thoughts are with each family as they struggle with loss, pain and grief unimaginable. I joined the hop, my photo is of " My Ginger Boy" but I called him " Darling Tom".Greetings from Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The beauty of our world keeps us connected to our humanity on days like today. Love those stars going 'round and 'round!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You share the beauty around you with every post. Thanks for that.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even among the shock of horrific things, there still is beautiful. You have expressed that very well. Evil will not win, beautiful will always be victorious. Thank you for share so often all the beauty that surrounds you and that which is within you.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  7. What is happening in our world today. Today's events are so heartbreaking. Our prayers and thoughts to the families. Sometimes it's hard to see beautiful through the tears, but as long as the sun comes up every morning, beauty is still here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. KB, one thing is for sure ... if ever I am in need of an infusion of beauty, a visit to your blog will surely satisfy that need. Your photos are amazing, probably because they are taken with such love and appreciation of the subjects on which you turn your lens. Thank you for sharing this beauty with us, and for such a heartfelt and beautiful post on an evening when so many hearts are sore and aching.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your words do bring a measure of comfort to a very heavy heart here tonight. So very senselss, so hard to comprehend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seeing beautiful helps us go on in the midst of tragedy. I too, expected my Mother's watch to stop when she passed away. I thought it only made sense. That was 13 years ago Dec. 23rd and you know I still have her watch in my jewelry box and it still ticks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sometimes when understanding eludes us we must simply hold on to what we know but so often take for granted...that life is full of wonder and beauty. Thanks for the perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ann....from Outer Banks of NC...said.....KB I see beautiful every time I come to your blog...I cant wait to read it ....it is such an inspiration....My heart just breaks for all the parents of those beautiful children....and the little ones that have to remember such a tragedy....but in our weakness...God can make it our strength...every day..in every place..It has... been a very sad day but to come here I embrace all these lovely pictures with appreciation..HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  13. KB-
    What you have said is so beautiful- that it leaves me with no words to say- except thank you.
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have such beautiful words tonight. You said a lot of what I feel very beautifully. Today was the last day of school for us until January, and I couldn't help but think of the wonder and magic that each of my students carried with them as they left today, and of how twenty other students will have presents that sit unwrapped under the tree this year. Someone shared words written by Maya Angelou about the tragedy today that I thought fit perfectly. "Our country is grieving. Each child who has been slaughtered belongs to each of us and each slain adult is a member of our family. It is impossible to explain the horror to ourselves and to our survivors. We need to hold each other’s hands and look into each other’s eyes and say, “I am sorry.”"

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely pictures, love the hills. We have snow storm coming and warnings went out.
    Sweden is following the horror that happend i US.
    Glad that we have very hard laws about guns.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful post, KB. Thank you for taking a bow and making us smile, R.

    Love ya lots,
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi dear friend, I love your photos-somehow our beloved four legged companions do bring us peace and joy even in the midst of loss. Not sure how you got your last photo to look like that, but great job. May you have joy this weekend.
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  18. Have you ever considered writing a book? I find you express yourself so well and so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous :) How'd you make the stars twirl like that? Cool! :)

    Waggin at ya,
    Roo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank god for the see beautiful posts to get us through the weekend. LOVE the last two...very Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

If you are a Blogger registered user, you can skip the step asking you to verify that you are not a spammer. For posts older than 5 days, I have comment moderation turned on.

Thanks for your comments!!!!!