Photos and text copyright Romping and Rolling in the Rockies 2009-2017.

All photographs and text within this blog are copyrighted.

You may not copy or repost any photos or text without specific permission from the author of this blog. When in doubt, please ask.

Friday, September 5, 2014

All in a Fall Day

Our world is definitely inching toward autumn, yet some flowers are still trying to shine brightly. This is one I planted last year.
A Columbine in my garden... I treasure any Columbine blossom in September!
And, one of many aspen leaves that have turned gold. Most are still green but these ones are telling us what is just ahead!
I love autumn but I know what comes after it. I feel a little like Shyla - I want to cover my eyes and pretend that autumn isn't on the way!
Happy September!

16 comments:

  1. she's so cute. i love columbine! such an exotic and interesting bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy that weather before you know it the snow will be here
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  3. Opposite here, naturally. Everything is blooming beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have mixed feelings about this time of year too but love the cooler evenings and less bugs. We've already had a light frost. Brrr! But back to almost hot weather now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BOL! Cute Shyla!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Extra special photo of Shyla:-) And your flowers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi KB, love your Columbine and pretty pink flower. Although I embrace the fall, I don't necessarily feel ready for winter. I'm hoping that when we get up to Leadville(if I'm able, I'm having some physical issues)that we will see beautiful colors. I know it is still early, but a gal can hope.
    Love Shyla's pose-she is just such a dear.
    Have a glorious weekend dear friend.
    Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stunning columbine!!! We had a fall-like day here today, quite the change over this week's humid hot days. Fall is a very nice season and then comes winter and the snow - my pups' delight and not so much for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's insane to me that you're already experiencing signs of fall. It's still full summer here; the only hint of fall is a breeze off the gulf in the evenings.
    DM

    ReplyDelete
  10. Autumn is my favorite time of year, but I can understand why you hate to see it come. I love your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are too cute, Shyla! Your flowers are just beautiful, KB!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  12. We are with Shyla on hoping that fall stays away for a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful flowers and an especially beautiful picture of Shyla! We love Fall here, but I can understand what you mean about what comes after. The Farmers Almanac tells us we are in for a cold one here in Michigan. I hope they are wrong.

    Anne and Sasha

    ReplyDelete

If you are a Blogger registered user, you can skip the step asking you to verify that you are not a spammer. For posts older than 5 days, I have comment moderation turned on.

Thanks for your comments!!!!!