Photos and text copyright Romping and Rolling in the Rockies 2009-2017.

All photographs and text within this blog are copyrighted.

You may not copy or repost any photos or text without specific permission from the author of this blog. When in doubt, please ask.

Friday, November 24, 2017

Stupendous Sunrise

I must admit that I'm having lots of fun with my drone. If I wake up and see the eastern sky lighting up in gorgeous colors, I can pop my drone up above the trees and take some photos. It's the lazy photographer's way to photograph sunrise!

Usually, our sunsets are more vibrant than our sunrises - but not recently! Sorry to inundate you with the views of our sunrises.

Using my drone, I photographed and videoed a sunrise on a recent morning. This first photo was from fairly low. I love the reflection of the sky on the pond in the meadow.

This photo was from higher so it shows faraway bodies of water.

 At the same time, the mountains lit up with alpenglow.

The light show was mostly over when the sun finally appeared over the horizon.

However, sweet Shyla enjoyed soaking up the warmth of the sun's rays.
We are getting to the season when Shyla will glow red on clear mornings at sunrise. I can't wait to be in the forest with her at sunrise so that we can see that!

20 comments:

  1. love it... ans we like the idea of having a drone... it's cyber moanday soon, so we will look for such a super fab flying thing.... oh I want to see the face of my dad heheheheh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    I think in wide open spaces like that, a drone would indeed be fun... don't know I'll ever invest in one, but I certainly appreciate what it offers through your lens!!!YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. there is nothing more beautiful than Shyla in the suns glow. can't wait for the red glow, I remember seeing those and am ready to see more. that alpenglow is amazing to me...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - the sunrise certainly was stupendous! You are so gorgeous, Shyla♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm tempted, but is there such a thing as a silent drone? The name suggests Not ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hugh so likes his drone , and is getting better at turning it in a circle, going slowly, and with yours, we see scenes like that beautiful landscape. Shyla, you are a beauty too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A red glowing dog will be quite interesting to see!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pups here do enjoy a sunpuddle too. It was Angel Phantom's favorite sleeping spot.

    The man of the house here is amazed at your photography and drone skills. He spent quite some time last night perusing your blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. They all glow...sunrises, sunsets and Shyla!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous series of sunrise shots!! I always look forward to seeing the Shyla sunrise/red glow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glowingly beautiful!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have mixed feelings about drones. One time when we were ending our hike and walking towards the parking lot, some jerk flew his drone directly over us the entire way and Blueberry didn’t like it and was on the verge of a meltdown. But after seeing your gorgeous photos, I see that like everything else, it can be used for good too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a great use of a drone. They get a little annoying when people use them to zoom over our boat at anchor.

    Love your sunsets.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for the spectacular pictures especially the one of Shyla

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have some super,, dooper skys,,, and your drone catches all the beauty perfectly!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazingly beautiful and inspirational too. The drone truly has captured quite the "birds eye" view of the place you call home.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Holy crap! those are just amazin'!!! Gurl, you are the bestest one of all! ☺
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. love the pic of Shyla
    hugs
    Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can't believe you got a drone!!! Actually, I can, and I'm green with envy. Wonderful shots! Shyla will still look best on the good old DSLR, though!

    ReplyDelete

If you are a Blogger registered user, you can skip the step asking you to verify that you are not a spammer. For posts older than 5 days, I have comment moderation turned on.

Thanks for your comments!!!!!