Because so many unexpected twists have occurred since the paw odyssey started in September, I now tend to expect bad news at vet appointments. I was so glad to be pleasantly surprised!
The surgeon's opinion is that we should stop the antibiotics in a week and then watch carefully to see if the bone infection recurs. I'm very good at "watching carefully" :)
In the meantime, I'm supposed to ramp up her exercise even more. The surgeon was very impressed with how strong K's paw muscles have become since that nasty cast was removed. I think that we'll do an extra hike in our fresh snow this afternoon!
As the snow started to fly this morning so did K! And, I didn't even hold my breath with worry!
Several of you asked about my new camera - it's a Canon Rebel t2i. So far, I love it! However, I also love my old camera, a bomb-proof, waterproof, freeze-proof, and KB-proof Lumix point-and-shoot. I was afraid of whether the snow would hurt my new Canon this morning so I used the Lumix for all the photos in this post except the sunrise.