We don't know much more than we knew this morning. The experts at CSU did not want to biopsy Shyla's ulna until they had performed other tests for fungal and bacterial bone infections. Those tests are pending. We did get one good result, which is that there's no disease visible in Shyla's lungs in chest x-rays, like cancer mets or nodules from fungal disease.
As for osteosarcoma (OSA), it's still on the list. But, at Shyla's age, the odds of it occurring are low enough that the vets would prefer to do other tests before doing a bone biopsy, primarily because the biopsy might weaken the bone. And, we all hope that Shyla will need a strong ulna for a long time. Moreover, if it is OSA, it isn't a battle that we're likely to win... so waiting a couple of weeks to diagnose it while we test for other things isn't a big deal.
After the initial exam, Shyla was taken to "the back" (for hours - I'm not exaggerating - all while I waited in the exam room), and I'm told that she won many friends with her sweet and sensitive personality. Finally, I almost fell over in amazement when she met a 2-year-old boy in the waiting room after her appointment. She chose to say "hi" to him on her own initiative (with his mother's permission), and she even gave him kisses!
I was so proud of Shyla today. She has such courage and sweetness in her heart. I feel lucky to have her by my side and to have the honor of teaching her all about our world.