Photos and text copyright Romping and Rolling in the Rockies 2009-2017.

All photographs and text within this blog are copyrighted.

You may not copy or repost any photos or text without specific permission from the author of this blog. When in doubt, please ask.

Thursday, July 25, 2013

My sad camera...

I had planned to write a post all about our hike up to the Continental Divide. However, my beloved camera decided to stop working today, and I burned all my time first freaking out and then finding out what I need to do to get it fixed. It's amazing how attached I've become to my Canon 5D Mark II!

It took this photo before it died - of my sweet Shyla at sunset, sitting in the wildflowers.
Very soon, I'll write about our hike up high. It was an amazing marker in Shyla's progress toward learning about the world. Last year, we did the same hike but certain things were so novel that they scared her, like people using hiking poles (she almost pulled me off the side of the mountain to escape the hiking poles last year) and trying to swim in a lake. Neither of those things scared her this year! We had a wonderful time.

Here she is during the hike, eagerly asking me to stop taking photos and hurry up to the Divide and then to the Lake, which is nestled below the peaks that you can see in the distance.
I hope to tell you more about it tomorrow.

19 comments:

  1. Oh NO! NOT the camera!! Hope that you can get it fixed soon. We sure don't want to miss your pictures.

    Love your pic's of Shyla today. You're 100% correct on THAT look. Hurry, hurry, hurry, I've got things to do Mom :)

    We look forward to reading the next post.

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle & Muffin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely last photos, if that were me, I would cry, then feel utterly sick. Here in NZ they are VERY expensive. I do hope you can get it fixed, would it be still under warranty?? Beautiful mountain views. Greetings from Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we all love your camera just as much as you do, girl!

    Your pix are always a high spot of the day.

    Hope its an easy fix.

    Cheers and hugs,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I might have to be committed when my camera got damaged and had to go back for repairs. I totally feel your pain! Here's hoping that you can get it fixed quickly and that it won't take too long!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahha I give my MOM that same look. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the story.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you sure Shyla didn't do something to the camera...to hurry you up?

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you can fix it, its a expensive proffessional camera I Think.
    I have a 60D and have drowned it wigh coffee one time....good I had an insurande and I got a new one!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no! You NEED your camera, KB!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too bad about your camera, I hope it can be repaired. I'm drooling over the view in the second photo. What a fantastic trail.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I once had a camera issue so I know your pain. Hope it is fixed soon. Can't wait to read about your hike.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous. Oh no! Mom usually forgets to charge the battery
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sophie and I will be waiting ever so patiently!
    Camera hiccups can be so annoying. We were on a beach(surprise) a few years ago, very foggy and I began snapping some moody shots. All of the sudden "no sound" not one click or anything. 8 weeks later my camera returned, I'll never be without a backup again I said. I still only have one camera but when the battery dies or the shutter freezes *LIFE* appears to be over.
    LOL
    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope your camera is okay!!
    -Corbin

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry about the camera. Is it fixable? We would hate to no longer see your lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, Man! KB, I'm so sorry to hear about your camera. I go nuts without mine, so I know this must be a big blow for you. I hope a new one with the functions of your dreams is on a nearby horizon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just can't get past the outstanding beauty of your area! I am in AWE!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I agree with Jo... we all *love* your camera too! I hope you get it fixed soon. But the pictures you shared in this post are wonderful. I'm glad you got some before your camera "took to the sick bed".

    What a wonderful world you live in, KB. I am in constant awe of it.

    Love~ Andrea
    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gosh- we hope your camera can be fixed. Such beautious photos that you capture! So many precious moments,,, that you so willingly share.
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete

If you are a Blogger registered user, you can skip the step asking you to verify that you are not a spammer. For posts older than 5 days, I have comment moderation turned on.

Thanks for your comments!!!!!