Photos and text copyright Romping and Rolling in the Rockies 2009-2017.

All photographs and text within this blog are copyrighted.

You may not copy or repost any photos or text without specific permission from the author of this blog. When in doubt, please ask.

Saturday, April 18, 2015

The Duo Romps on Saturday

I had both halves of the Duo for a short snowshoe hike on our cement-like snow this morning. It was still snowing when we started our hike.
The Duo is incredibly happy whenever they have off-leash time together outdoors.  It's hard to contain their enthusiasm.
 My best hope of keeping things calm is to do frequent recalls and some boring stuff like stays.
But most of all, they want to play with each other. This morning, I couldn't bear to try very hard to stop them. The reason for stopping them is the possibility of tweaking R's bad elbow. But, I made the same choice for him as I make for myself all the time, and I let him have some fun despite the worry of injury.
It's amazing the ferocious faces that the Duo makes while they play. They were having SO much fun!
They make me smile with their joyful and good-natured romping. A takedown....
And, in an instant, R was up again...
As the photos show, we had a wonderful time outdoors together this morning, despite the lousy snow conditions. I gave R a dose of anti-inflammatory when we arrived home, and he seems like he feels no worse than usual.
I'm so glad that I let him run and play with his sister. I'd want the same thing, if I were him!

21 comments:

  1. What fun. MOM has made the same decision for me. I love being out there so much. She just can't take it away from me completely. It is clear that R and Shyla have a very special bond. One that makes MOM and me smile real big.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such good companions! That's how me and Stanley are and we really go nuts in the snow!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so cute!! They look like they're having a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great photos, and even more importantly, what a great mom you are!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're glad you let him play, too. We just love making those vicious faces when we play and racing around is so much fun! We hope he doesn't have any after affects. We could just tell how much fun they were having!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so darn cute! such great rompers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those two sure know how to have a good time romping in the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love to watch these two pups carrying on together. Those killer faces give me a huge laugh.

    Cheers,

    Jo, Stella and Zkhat

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad the Duo had such fun! When the two here play, one would think they were killing each other with all the noise their mouths make:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. 3 feet or more of that wonderful stuff to play in, they are a super team together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful series! I met a therapy dog last week who is a CHOCOLATE LAB!! She's pretty young and totally reminded me of Shyla!! What a good girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't believe you still have so much snow - yikes! Looks like it didn't stop the duo from having a ton of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are fabulous pictures, KB!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You can just feel their happiness in these photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so glad they could do it, and that R doesn't seem to have been hurt by it. That's a hard decision.

    ReplyDelete
  16. this happy eyes are worth any effort... I would walk through the snow too (ok for some minutes LOL) to see such happy pupüs :o)
    easy rider

    ReplyDelete
  17. We can't seem to stop smiling. The duo is having too much fun together ☺

    ReplyDelete
  18. We could feel the fun and the joy way over here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMD, you two sure loves to play!!! I loves the bitey faces!! And, of course you took R down Shyla! Gurl Power! BOL
    Hey, could you send some of that snow our way...or rain..or drizzle..anythings?? ☺
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  20. They are the cutest pair. Looks like they had soooooooo much fun! Hope the snow stops soon.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Their having the time of their lives!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete

If you are a Blogger registered user, you can skip the step asking you to verify that you are not a spammer. For posts older than 5 days, I have comment moderation turned on.

Thanks for your comments!!!!!