Photos and text copyright Romping and Rolling in the Rockies 2009-2017.

All photographs and text within this blog are copyrighted.

You may not copy or repost any photos or text without specific permission from the author of this blog. When in doubt, please ask.

Monday, April 20, 2015

Snow Fun!

Shyla loves all the snow we're getting. Yesterday, she lay on a snow embankment outside our back door, waiting for me to come out and have fun.
Her happiness has been helping me to accept the piles of snow that we have and the ongoing small accumulations each day. I know that we "need it" but I was enjoying spring before this winter surge.

But, even Shyla's funny faces make me stop and smile as I slog through the cement-like snow.
Today was the first day that I even tried to take my fat bike on the trails. I was able to ride a little and walk the parts that weren't packed well enough.

We stopped to play some games. It's amazing how happy retrieving makes a Labrador Retriever! One thing that I hate the most about R's elbow dysplasia is that he's never been allowed to play retrieving games.
Through the magic of a fast shutter, I discovered that Shyla loves to pounce on her Wubba after I throw it for her.
Another pounce!
The funny part was that pouncing made her head dive deep into the snow so her face had snow all over it as she ran back to me.
It looks as if a big warm-up is coming our way so perhaps spring will revisit our region before too long!

21 comments:

  1. She does look like she is having a blast! The purple toy looks so pretty against her beautiful fur and the white snow. Such a beautiful girl!

    Do you need snow because it is dry??

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is just having so much fun - we LOVE that pounce:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That snow pouncing looks like lots of fun. Enjoy your snow!!!

    Aroo to you,
    Sully

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the chocolate fur against the white background and the pictures of her retrieving are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm trying not to complain about the snow (but I don't always succeed). The ski area is closed and our snow has so much moisture content now that it's difficult to navigate. We're heading a short distance west tomorrow and takeing the bikes. Surely it's spring somewhere in CO! Love your action shots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such joyful pictures of you sweet Shyla. I'm glad we are only getting rain right now and hopefully no more snow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, we "need" the snow because we get the majority of our yearly moisture via snow. And, we were pretty far behind "normal" before these storms.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just love Shyla as she is pouncing on her wubba!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad Shyla is having a great time --- I just wish R could do it too. I can understand your mixed feelings about the snow --- the moisture is great, but so is spring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am glad Shyla is enjoying the snow. She looks so cute in the picture with her tongue sticking out.


    Anne and Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shyla's pounce reminds me of a fox hunting in snow. She a Wild Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You certainly do look happy in your snow, Shyla! Molly loves to pounce on her tennis ball before she brings it back to mom☺

    ReplyDelete
  14. Still talking snow this time of year. Glad it finally left Cincinnati. We have magnolia trees blooming and the air is so crisp. Shyla I am glad you love those albino brain chiggers. Thanks for stopping by Mile 16 of the Mayorz Marathon.
    Sweet William The Scot

    ReplyDelete
  15. Holey Moley you did get a lot of snow.
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  16. She is so funny, and what a joy for life she has. I hope all that snow doesn't melt too fast, that would be bad.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The pouince is great! That is Callie's favourite thing too. Always enjoyable watching how much fun the dogs have.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Us doggies just know how to have fun with the moment instead of waiting for warmer days!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete

If you are a Blogger registered user, you can skip the step asking you to verify that you are not a spammer. For posts older than 5 days, I have comment moderation turned on.

Thanks for your comments!!!!!