Photos and text copyright Romping and Rolling in the Rockies 2009-2017.

All photographs and text within this blog are copyrighted.

You may not copy or repost any photos or text without specific permission from the author of this blog. When in doubt, please ask.

Saturday, January 13, 2018

Silliness and intensity on Saturday

The other morning, we were out in the early morning light. I love the interplay between shadows and light at that hour.

Then, Shyla gave me what I think of as her "disapproving mother" look.

 So, I decided to make things more fun for her (and me!) with treat games. Then, her eyes opened wide with anticipation.


It's a tricky game for me - tossing a treat with my left hand and taking photos with my right. Do you see the "incoming" treat?

The moment that I love is when she is tracking the treat so intently...

She catches a lot of them these days. She's really learned with practice. Her head tilt while staring at the treats between tosses tells me that she wants me to toss another one! I kept playing "toss the treat" until my hands were too cold to continue!

I hope that you're having some silliness and fun on this Saturday!

17 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Life is better for a wee bit of silly. And a dog. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just love to see photos of you staring so intently at your treat on its way to you, Shyla!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We plan too! Have a wonderful weekend!

    Monty, Harlow, and Ramble

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really love the one with the incoming treat, my favorite today is the last one, wish i could kiss her, and yes i know she would not want me to. sweet shy girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shyla takes here silliness very seriously:) And we love the head tilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Disapproving mother look," oh, you get that too? Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Treat tossing always produces smiles, but in our case, mostly directions..."it's over here, Knucklehead." 😆

    ReplyDelete
  8. We know well, the left-handed throw during camera operation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh gurl, you are a beautiful puppers!!! I wish I had good eye/mouth coordination! ☺
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hear you on the camera...I'm always trying to throw the ball while taking photos and videos and it is not easy! Shyla looked like she wasn't ready to be done yet in the last photo! Just a couple more maybe? :)
    Jan, Wag 'n Woof Pets

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was nice enough today to get out for some fun agility practice with friends! Mabel and I were so happy to get out. We ended the afternoon with TWO perfect sets of 12 weave poles!!!
    hugs
    Hazel & Mabel & Mom

    ReplyDelete
  12. Working with both hands, what trickiness we don't see. Shyla's eyes, her look,and the moment of glory as the treat is snatched.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shyla has the most expressive doggie face I have ever seen. And you capture it so well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Shyla and her silly faces,, crack us up!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete

If you are a Blogger registered user, you can skip the step asking you to verify that you are not a spammer. For posts older than 5 days, I have comment moderation turned on.

Thanks for your comments!!!!!