Photos and text copyright Romping and Rolling in the Rockies 2009-2017.

All photographs and text within this blog are copyrighted.

You may not copy or repost any photos or text without specific permission from the author of this blog. When in doubt, please ask.

Thursday, January 18, 2018

Thankful Thursday

Recently, due to the short days, most of my outdoor time has been spent with Shyla and very little is with our Black Dog. That means that almost all of my photos are of Shyla. However, I am so thankful for both halves of our Labraduo.

I still do R's elbow exercises with him daily. I often start out feeling tired and overwhelmed, as if his exercises are just one more thing on a long "to do" list. However, his amazingly enthusiastic attitude pulls my spirit into the game within minutes. We have such fun as he dances his way through the exercises, often barking with excitement while I move around the equipment to do the next exercise. I am always grateful for this "chore" by the time we are in the midst of it!

Each day, Shyla is my "partner in crime" as we go riding through the snow and enjoying the sunrise.

She can be peaceful as we watch the sunrise.

She is always incredibly athletic. Her grace awes me.

And, with some people, she is very social. She is waving to you!
She loves to wave to me when I come into the house through the basement. She sits at the top of the basement stairs and waves as I walk up them. It makes me laugh and smile.

I am thankful for the lift to my spirits that the Labraduo gives me every single day!

23 comments:

  1. Hari Om
    Coooeeee Shyla - waving back at ya darlin'!!! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed - what would we do without them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. she is the best WAVER in the world, love that Paw UP! and one of my most favorite of your post was the one you did with R going under the chairs back and forward

    ReplyDelete
  4. We can only imagine how much R looks forward to his daily exercises. Waving right back atcha, Shyla!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so with you on that! My lab mix does the same thing, I also come in the house from downstairs and she sits at the top of the stairs and tries to "shake" my hand. I even love the greeting my chickens give me when they hear me coming, even though I know they are just anticipating food! Love those critters!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shyla is a perfect partner. We love seeing her wave at us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful post...on your Labraduo...Shyla that is some wave!
    Hugs nadi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  8. That wave photo is fantastic! It almost looks more like a salute! Enjoy the time together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shyla is the " Light of your Life" and the wave, her fun outdoors, all help to make the mundane necessary things of everyday life a little easier to do. R's exercises, you have been helping him with these for so long, and we see fun in your videos, but I can so understand that it is one more thing on a hard morning.A greeting like that would give us all a huge smile.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rising spirits from the Labraduo is definitely something for which to be grateful. We're grateful too that you share them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We always admire your perseverance with R's exercises. There would be many times here that we would say oh, let's skip a day.

    It is so easy to tell how much joy Shyla brings to your life - no wonder you two have such a great time outside together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks like Shyla is saluting in that last shot -- I just love it!
    I admire your patience and dedication to R's exercises!
    KZK

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dogs do that! Some mornings the early morning walk seems daunting, but once out, the spirits rise with the light. Bet time of day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I never tire of seeing the Winter morning sun on Shyla's coat!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know what you mean. Some days it seems like just another chore to walk the dogs, play with the dogs, or entertain Luke with training or nose works. But then we start doing it, and their sheer enjoyment of every activity lightens my spirit so!
    Jan, Wag 'n Woof Pets

    ReplyDelete
  16. And were thankful that both Shyla and R,, have such a loving home!

    We love Shyla's wave too.
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awwwwww! HEY GURL!!! I wave too! though...it's usually to beg for treaties...heheheeee
    That game with R sounds fun! You guys are so lucky!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awww! Hello, Shyla! *waves back* 💖💖

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey, thanks for joining the Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I know you give both dogs lots of attention and lots of love

    ReplyDelete

If you are a Blogger registered user, you can skip the step asking you to verify that you are not a spammer. For posts older than 5 days, I have comment moderation turned on.

Thanks for your comments!!!!!