Photos and text copyright Romping and Rolling in the Rockies 2009-2017.

All photographs and text within this blog are copyrighted.

You may not copy or repost any photos or text without specific permission from the author of this blog. When in doubt, please ask.

Friday, April 29, 2022

Winter Travelers on a Mountain Lion Path

Last week, I made my way to a trail camera that sits next to a seasonal stream. I was shocked to see that it was not running. Last year, it ran from when the snow melted until September. This year is different. Water is going to be of paramount importance to our wildlife. I hope that some sources keep flowing.

The animals kept flowing along their trail throughout the winter. It's a trail that is dominated by bears when they are not in dens. In the winter, it is owned by mountain lions. Many different lions walked this trail over the winter.

Check out the video to see them all.


PS I'm going to take a little blog break. Typing has recently become harder again. I'm not sure why.

12 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    That last burst of snow made me shiver!!! Always a joy to see your near neighbours coasting by... YAM xx
    Y=Yamini

    ReplyDelete
  2. the turkeys made me laugh, they were running like maybe a lion was aftter them. LOVE the skunk. My son used to rent a room in a friends house. he was so happy that his bathroom had a skunk that lived in the cabinet under the sink.. it was cute. I do hope there will be plenty of water for the wildlife.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMCs KB what a wonderful video. Ironically there was a funny story about a wild turkey on a local trail that was not happy with some hikers. I would not want to be on the receiving end of his unhappiness.

    I'm sorry to read about the return of your pain. Take care healing hugs
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a scientist friend who had wild turkeys run on a treadmill. They were dangerous! If they kicked you with those claws, you were in big big trouble!

      Delete
  4. Each video you post, I am amazed anew at the handsomeness of your mountain lions. What magnificent creatures.
    But I'm sorry to hear that typing has become a problem again. Take care during your blog break, and I'll look forward to seeing your posts again, but only when you're really ready!
    Cheers, Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you have a program where you talk and it translates into words?Rest your hands, maybe related pain from your shoulder. Right at the end before the squall, was there another set of eyes further back? Turkeys galore, each one running to make sure " DON'T leave me behind " . Favourite pit stop for some of them.Even the skunk!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sure hope your healing process improves soon. It must be frustrating.

    Great footage as always. I wonder what was under the snow that the skunk was so interested in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I've never seen an ear-tagged mountain lion before (only radio collared ones). Totally cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the mountain lions. They are so beautiful and they have the biggest paws!

    ReplyDelete

If you are a Blogger registered user, you can skip the step asking you to verify that you are not a spammer. For posts older than 5 days, I have comment moderation turned on.

Thanks for your comments!!!!!