Photos and text copyright Romping and Rolling in the Rockies 2009-2017.

All photographs and text within this blog are copyrighted.

You may not copy or repost any photos or text without specific permission from the author of this blog. When in doubt, please ask.

Friday, December 16, 2016

Flying Friday

Since we returned from the desert, winter has hit. In the past week, it seems to snow at least a little almost every night. And the wind is wild. I actually am learning to love the wind - to appreciate its energy and wish that I could harness some of it for my pedaling!

Shyla adores winter and snow. She runs around and takes flying leaps like a puppy.

Some of her leaps astound me. She flyies high through the air, for absolutely no discernible reason. I'm sure that she does it simply because it's fun and she can!
Her amazing snow-fueled energy helps me to keep laughing through the winter. I do have to work hard to keep my spirits up during the time of darkness and cold. It's impossible to ride the trails near my house with anything but a fat bike - and pedaling a fat bike is such hard work (even though I have an absolutely awesome fat bike!). Some days, I find myself counting down the months until we might see the dirt below the snow again.

When Shyla takes a flying leap, I forget all those negative thoughts and try to get into the winter happy state of mind!
Happy Flying Friday.

17 comments:

  1. oh yes... you can fly... without using a carpet or a magic wand :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks awesome. To have half of that energy......

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's such an awesome girl! The dogs help me as get through the winter...and summer and spring and fall...lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW look at y'all flying through the air!

    Aroo to you,
    Sully

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, those are great flying photos!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pictures of you flying through the air, Shyla!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Look at her go! I wish my girls liked the snow as much as Shyla seems to!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish we had a little snow here.
    Shyla seams to enjoy it so much.
    I can't imagine how cold her paws must be.
    xo Astro

    ReplyDelete
  9. Osa 'flew' over some brush today on her second off-leash walk. She's quite the athlete!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shyla makes flying look so easy!!! You can gladly have all the wind we get here - wind and cold are not this lady's cup of tea.

    We may actually see some snow tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a joyful pup! We got our first real snow in the winter in the last couple of days and there are many happy local dogs (and humans - ski town and all.) If I were capable I'd be leaping in it myself. Snow is magical stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wind is the One thing that frightens Bella. SHE hates it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Flyyyyy with the greatest of ease Shila!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete

If you are a Blogger registered user, you can skip the step asking you to verify that you are not a spammer. For posts older than 5 days, I have comment moderation turned on.

Thanks for your comments!!!!!