Photos and text copyright Romping and Rolling in the Rockies 2009-2017.

All photographs and text within this blog are copyrighted.

You may not copy or repost any photos or text without specific permission from the author of this blog. When in doubt, please ask.

Saturday, October 12, 2019

Shyla Saturday

Shyla's incredible transformation over the time that we've known her (7 years) inspires me to believe that Hachi will eventually come as far as she has.

Here are a few examples. Shyla is my photographic subject almost every day. There's nothing that I love more than capturing a dog galloping powerfully.

She is usually so excited to play the "games" involved with my photography but sometimes she gets bored. Due to her much increased confidence, she now sometimes modifies the game herself to make it more fun. In this case, she got tired of doing recalls so she turned the game into fetch. Of course, I joined in - I love that she has the courage to take initiative!

I love simply letting her choose what she wants to do when I set up to take her photo. Early this summer, she started wanting to bark or howl for the camera. So, I went with it. It seems like letting her be the leader helps her feel so much more confident!
That was the sky before the storm front hit. It did snow, the wind did howl, and it was so cold that Raynaud's Syndrome made me cry in pain over my white and frozen fingers. But, my Shyla licked my face and helped me to get through the freeze (the first is always the hardest).

Shyla has become the best friend that I could ever ask for.

16 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Oh, Shyla-gal, is that you yelling "HHHHOOOOOOORRRRRAAAAAAHHHHH" to the clouds??? Gorgeous. Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THE HOWL!!!! I think I can HEAR IT! she is so beautiful with that stick in her mouth... sorry about the frozen fingers... what you describe sounds like Bobs right hand. his is caused by getting muratic acid on his hand about 25 years ago while working on the pool. when it gets cold, if his hands get cold, even in Walmart icy AC, his hand turns frozen white and hurts... nothing like what you live with, but your comment reminded me... prayers for Hachi to get better each day. hugs to all 3 of your sweet pups

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have us smiling through tears, Shyla♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love all these pictures of Shyla. You can feel her joy at howling to the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful girl you are Shyla, howl away girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sing it loud, sing it strong, dear Shyla. 🎶

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an incredible bff you have in Shyla...they do teach us so much.
    I hope the Raynaud has calmed down...Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shyla's story is amazing. She has really become a different dog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that last photo! This Raynaud Syndrome sounds absolutely nasty. Good on Shayla for comforting you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, every one, And I am sure in time Hachi will mellow as well. Raynaud's syndrome, I have that too, and even now in spring here when the temperatures are warmer, it still happens.My Dr tried reducing my blod pressure tablets, as this can be a side effect, but I still need to have one a day. Do you have windproof gloves and those handwarmers that you squash and the gel warms up? I have lent my windproof gloves to our daughter, she and Mike are doing the " Goat Run" in December, from one central Plateau mountain to the other side. The list of clothing that is necessary, and another list if the weather is worse than expected, you have to have thermals, windproof jacket, hat and gloves, and more. So I can only imagine how cold it gets for you at that elevation,as at the top it will be 9000 feet plus , the run is at a lower level however.Enjoy those days while the snow stays higher.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've been there, done that, so there is hope for Hachi! Just keep going. Love the 'howling' photo best this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I thought I heard somethings a few months ago......☺
    You made Ma LOL over that stick pic! See, if that was ME, I wouldn't gives it back....hehehee
    I gots all the faith in the worlds that Hachi is gonna follow your lead Shyla! Keepin' my paws crossed and sendin' AireZens ♥
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks like Shyla is calling in the storm!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that she howls for the camera!!
    Jan, Wag 'n Woof Pets

    ReplyDelete
  15. You go, girl. Keep making up those games you want your Mom to play with you. XOX Xena

    ReplyDelete
  16. I, too, love these gorgeous churches and cathedrals. And yet, I can't help but wonder if Jesus wouldn't have said that the money could have gone to help the poor and needy...

    ReplyDelete

If you are a Blogger registered user, you can skip the step asking you to verify that you are not a spammer. For posts older than 5 days, I have comment moderation turned on.

Thanks for your comments!!!!!