Photos and text copyright Romping and Rolling in the Rockies 2009-2017.

All photographs and text within this blog are copyrighted.

You may not copy or repost any photos or text without specific permission from the author of this blog. When in doubt, please ask.

Thursday, October 17, 2019

Thankful Thursday - Setting Moon

On the day of a recent full moon, I got out of bed at O'DarkHundred to ride my mountain bike to a spot where I could see the moon set over the Continental Divide.

It was glorious to see.
The sky was purple-tinted due to a faraway volcano erupting and spewing particles into the air. Our skies have been purplish at dusk and dawn since August. It's amazing to see!

The moon wasn't positioned where I hoped, over our most dramatic peaks. I believe that it will set in the perfect spot in December.  It should be in the center of peaks behind Shyla in the next photo in December.
I have my fingers crossed for a clear dawn in December. I know that it will be cold!!!!

I am so thankful for all of the beauty around us. It keeps me going even during difficult times.

Thanks to Brian for hosting the Thankful Thursday blog hop.

17 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    I envy your clear skies... positively green with jelly! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi happy Shyla! Both photos are just beautiful, KB.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful moon shot and of course Shyla looks great too. I tried to get a shot of the moon as it rose on the full moon but had difficulty finding a location near me where I could see it near the horizon. Needless to say I wasn't successful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMD, I've never seen a purple sky like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very pretty and we love the amazing flying Shyla! Thanks for joining the Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. KB that is absolutely the most gorgeous Moon photo EVER. Can't wait to a beautiful Dawn in December
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my on that sky/moon shot. Wow. I love your action shots as well.

    Have a fabulous Thankful Thursday. Scritches to the pups. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. With those colours and that moon.....looks like it's in the perfect spot to us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, get the hand warmers, double layer jacket and over trousers ready. We had a huge bright moon the other night, but at our new home, too many power lines, homes with TV aerials and more to fill in the lens. Love that shot of Shyla,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply amazing. It's hard to believe you could outdo that beauty!
    Jan, Wag 'n Woof Pets

    ReplyDelete
  11. What amazing pictures and perfect subjects!! You really do have a beautiful place that you call home!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, amazing pictures!!
    hugs
    Mabel & Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, those pics are just beautifuls!!!! Shyla, you are lookin' FABulous my furiend!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. We have never seen a purple sky before! That moon shot is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

If you are a Blogger registered user, you can skip the step asking you to verify that you are not a spammer. For posts older than 5 days, I have comment moderation turned on.

Thanks for your comments!!!!!