Photos and text copyright Romping and Rolling in the Rockies 2009-2017.

All photographs and text within this blog are copyrighted.

You may not copy or repost any photos or text without specific permission from the author of this blog. When in doubt, please ask.

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Black and White Sunday

At some moments, I wish that all of life were black and white, with no uncertainty built into it.
But then I realize that it's the uncertainty that makes life surprising and intriguing. None of knows what will happen tomorrow, and that is how it should be.
I wonder if life is more black and white for a mountain lion than for a person.
I still need to tell you the story of the mountain lion who returned to feed on the elk carcass that I'd staked out with a trail camera. I promise to do that this week.

18 comments:

  1. shyla is gorgeous even in b&w. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it would be nice for the world to be black and white. But like you, I prefer not knowing the end result. Shyla is a wonderful model for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do think mountain lions see the world more in black and white. No worries about politics, global warming, etc. Only basic survival.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Black and white is nice, but life is so much more beautiful and interesting with color, despite the rough times and the uncertainties.

    Shyla is beautiful in these photos even without her gorgeous colored furs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know I would like it if things were little more clear cut, but you're right, how interesting would that be, and what would we learn? I'll look forward to reading that story--Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mom says life happens in the gray

    Your Pals,

    Murphy and Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure those mountain animals see colour, and their life might not be all smooth sailing, looking for their food, shelter, safe from shooters and other animals, I guess the uncertainty keeps them and us all going through life with extra energy when needed.your B&W photos are lovely. Cheers, Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures as usual, but I like the colored ones even more. What camera do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love Love those photos. I like a mix of Black and white and color.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  10. We like B & W, but we like colour in our day, too.

    XXXOOO Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Black and white is nice but color is beautiful!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sometimes it's good to have a black and white day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think life is black and white for all wild animals.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The black and white do add an element of mystery!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love black and white photography. Your shots are great!
    KZK

    ReplyDelete
  16. We wonder sometimes too KB. We wonder ,, just like you do!

    Wonderful black and whites!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete

If you are a Blogger registered user, you can skip the step asking you to verify that you are not a spammer. For posts older than 5 days, I have comment moderation turned on.

Thanks for your comments!!!!!