Photos and text copyright Romping and Rolling in the Rockies 2009-2017.

All photographs and text within this blog are copyrighted.

You may not copy or repost any photos or text without specific permission from the author of this blog. When in doubt, please ask.

Friday, March 14, 2014

See Beautiful

It's See Beautiful Friday - one of my favorite blog-days. We started it in my favorite way, at sunrise.
The past month has been a tough one. I had surgery in early February, tried to recover, and then had a chain of migraines that was completely debilitating and scary. The migraines have been absent for nine days now, probably due to lots of rest and tweaking my medications. During the tough days, the incredibly supportive comments that I received from you helped more than you probably can imagine. This community is beautiful.

Through it all, my Shyla and I wandered the forest together each morning, helping me find my inner peace despite the feeling that life was out of my control.
So, I wouldn't say that it's been an easy month. Yet, when I look back at it, I remember the beauty most of all. 
I moved more slowly than usual so I could soak it up.
Yesterday, I got a great report from my shoulder surgeon who says that I am recovering very fast. I am now allowed to slowly return to riding a bike outdoors, with the caveat from the surgeon that I "should not fall on my shoulder". That instruction made me chuckle. Crashing is never a conscious choice.

But, being allowed gradually return to my mountain biking passion is beautiful!!!!!! I've started taking rides on the road, with both hands on the handlebars, and it feels great, even if my shoulder gets tired easily!

Another beautiful thing this month has been to see R get stronger after his major elbow dysplasia surgery a couple of months ago. He's now running on leash every day with the Runner, and he can be off-leash a little bit during his evening hikes with me and Shyla. Yay!
His contentment with life seems to be growing as fast as the days are getting longer.
And his sister is thrilled to have her brother able to play and hike a little more each day.
I think that "Seeing Beautiful" is a state of mind that is most important when life doesn't go perfectly. Indeed, this past month has been one of many unexpected hurdles. The "beauty" was in how the small things - reading your comments on this blog, hikes with the Duo, learning new things about photography, seeing mountain lion tracks, or finding great photos on a trail camera - could help me to "See Beautiful" despite everything else.



22 comments:

  1. Very beautiful indeed! Hey, did you hear that the FDA approved a new headband device to help with migraines this week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad things are getting better and that you got a good report on your shoulder! always a joy to see your beautiful duo enjoying the sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If Shyla or R could talk they both you tell you how happy they are. I can see it in their sweet faces and the shine in their eyes. They are both wise and rich in love with you.

    xo Cinnamon and Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tank youz fur da beOOtiful post today! R and Shyla makes us smile. :)

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae and Max

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear KB, I'm so glad to hear you are doing better! I thought of you today as I pulled by bike out and went for my second ride this week. It felt so good to be out and about; anxious to build those muscles up quickly so I don't tire as easily. I can't imagine biking on ice or the snow-falling definitely scares me. Also, I used to get horrific sinus headaches(which were as bad as migraines)and I can't imagine hiking or biking with one. Continue to get strong KB; I See Beautiful when I visit here.
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I echo the comments above mine...I ALWAYS See Beautiful here on your blog!! The duo looks awesome in these pictures! I enjoy seeing the two of them together. So very glad to hear that you are feeling better, but please be careful and go slow!!

    Here's to continued improvement!! xo Jeanne, Chloe and LadyBug

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seeing your posts always makes us See Beautiful!

    We have to take the good with the bad but somehow we can always find a See Beautiful moment!!

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle & Muffin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your last paragraph is so beautiful. So good to hear that your shoulder is doing well. Now ride that bike, but do be careful:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much beauty! I'm so glad you and R are healing up.
    DM

    ReplyDelete
  10. KB, we love how you find and see beauty around you. Even when in pain- you still see the beauty.
    Were glad for the good report on you shoulder! And now back on your bike- how wonderful!
    We love the photos of R -- he is looking soo beautiful and content,, and the photos of Shyla too! We love her boots!
    Thank you for showing us beauty
    love
    tweedles
    and glad the mirgraine is better

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have had to hunt to find the joy... "see beautiful"... over the last 30 days too, dear friend. And coming here & reading your blog entries have always been an inspiration to me to do so. If any of us "give" anything to you, it's because YOU give so much to us.

    I think that's called a Mutual Admiration Society. :)

    May the migraines stay far far away & may this spring be as lovely a one as we've ever seen... with more beautiful dawns than any of us could possibly imagine.

    Love~ Andrea
    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  12. You take such incredibly beautiful pictures! I'm so glad you and R are healing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Life hurdles can be Beautiful so always everyday is See Beautiful Golden LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  14. We are so happy for you and for R, KB! Have fun on your bike ☺

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  15. Seeing beautiful is a state of mind. And you have done so good this past month with everything that's been going on. Just think, soon it will be summer and you are going to feel like a million bucks.
    Are you near Loveland? We found out we are going to be at Sculpture in the park in August, I would love to meet you if it's close.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm happy to hear that the migraines have given you a respite. Funny that the doc thinks you might 'choose' to fall on your shoulder :)
    True, nobody wants life to be less than perfect, yet that is when we learn to appreciate it. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for sharing your see beautiful photos and thoughts. Because of you we get to see the beauty in the forest of creatures we would never see around here.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am laughing at your surgeons recommendations too. I love when doctors say such things. So glad you are all on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You've had quite the month! So glad your shoulder report was good. I had to smile when you said you keep both hands on the handlebars - that's my usual position! Love Shyla with the fluff of snow on her nose.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Y'all!

    I don't think any human who really cares about their dog can help but see the beauty surrounding us. We do everything we can to show you the beauty God has created.

    Y'all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
  21. Despite your troubles with your health you really know how to see beyond that and see the beauty around you, your dogs are very beautiful and great pictures you got of them. Hope your feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely pics!
    Hope you will be well soon so you can hike a lot.
    R looks great after his surgery.

    ReplyDelete

If you are a Blogger registered user, you can skip the step asking you to verify that you are not a spammer. For posts older than 5 days, I have comment moderation turned on.

Thanks for your comments!!!!!