Photos and text copyright Romping and Rolling in the Rockies 2009-2017.

All photographs and text within this blog are copyrighted.

You may not copy or repost any photos or text without specific permission from the author of this blog. When in doubt, please ask.

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Goodbye to 2015

It was crystalline cold this morning as Shyla and I headed out the door. The temperature hovered around zero but the wind was calm. Not a sound greeted us, aside from the squeaking of my fat bike tires on the cold snow, as we left our clearing. As always, I scanned for moose, although I saw none today. If anything, 2015 was the Year of the Moose for us.
Note the calf's eye peeking from below his mom's chin

This morning, clouds hovered on the eastern horizon so the sunlight flickered on and off just after sunrise. There was a moment of strong sun just after sunrise.


Just after that fleeting instant of sun, the clouds started moving westward up a valley toward us. At first, almost everything was obscured by them.

Then, much more of the landscape suddenly appeared. I loved watching the low clouds to the right on the horizon that were following the contours of the eastern hills.

Around the same time, I caught a glimpse of the sun as we rode through an aspen grove with ice encrusted branches.

It was a beautiful winter morning to say goodbye to 2015. For our pack, it was a good year, except for a few notable bad phases. However, I've learned that bad phases are part of life. They make the good phases even better!
We are ever grateful for our wonderful dogs who bring us smiles daily and for the incredible place we call home. I know how lucky we are.

And I am grateful for all my friends in Blogville. Thanks for visiting us and sticking with us through the good and the bad.  Have a safe and happy day, and I'll see you in 2016!

27 comments:

  1. That was a beautiful post in many different ways! Happy New Year!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of your best work here, KB!
    Happy New Year to you and yours...and see you in 2016 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to you and the Runner, Shyla and R, from all of us here in OP.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMD, I have missed SO MUCH!!! Lookie what I see furst...MOOSE BUTTS!!! BOL!!!
    I loves all the pics! Ma especially loved the bare trees in the light...ahhh
    I LOVED you gurl! I gives the high-paw with the same leggie! ☺
    I hopes you all have the bestest New Years evers!!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shula? Are you waving good by to 2015? See ya next year!!

    -Otto

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my god, that aspen photo needs to go on canvas! Beautiful! Happy New Year, and I hope 2016 is amazing for you, The Runner, Shyla, and R.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year! Here is to a wonderful 2016
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful morning indeed. Here's hoping 2016 brings more pain relief and fewer migraines to you. And better health for R.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous photos....as always. All the best for 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These photos are absolutely stunning! You have shared so much of your world with us,, and for that we are grateful.
    We wish all of you a Happy 2016. Days filled with peace and love, joy, and new memories.
    love tweedles and moms

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sunrise though icy branches, this is a stunner. Love the wave, maybe Shyla is about to sing in the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We agree with the others - what a wonderful way to say good-by to 2015, Shyla. Happy 2016 to the four of you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. a very good farewell-post for 2015 ... may it be a good new year for all of us... full of funny adventures and a lot of reasons to smile

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy 2016, may it be filled with beauty for you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing sky photos. And a Happy and wonderful New Year to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. ¸¸.•*¨*•*´¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Happy, Happy New Year, and all the best for 2016! I have so enjoyed our blogging and cyber friendship, and look forward to that continuing both on our blogs and FB. --And what a great way to end your year!

    ReplyDelete
  17. PRECIOSAS FOTOS Y ESE PERRO ES UN AMOR!!!
    SALUDITOS Y
    FELIZ AÑO

    ReplyDelete
  18. Best wishes for 2016 --- hopefully it will be more pain-free for both you and R!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You really captured some gorgoeus shots!

    I love how well you hold onto the positive. I wish I could be so upbeat.

    I outlived my mother three years ago. It was hard as a child losing my mother, but even harder when you approach the age she died at, and realize how young and alive you still feel, and recognize how much she was cheated. As a child you don't/can't understand that.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful shot and Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete

If you are a Blogger registered user, you can skip the step asking you to verify that you are not a spammer. For posts older than 5 days, I have comment moderation turned on.

Thanks for your comments!!!!!