Photos and text copyright Romping and Rolling in the Rockies 2009-2017.

All photographs and text within this blog are copyrighted.

You may not copy or repost any photos or text without specific permission from the author of this blog. When in doubt, please ask.

Thursday, December 13, 2018

Thankful for the Start to the Day

Yesterday promised to be cloudy, cold, and blah. I saw the forecast and was not feeling enthusiastic.

Then, as I ate my breakfast, I saw a glimmer of pink on the eastern horizon. I started getting ready to fly because my guess was that lots of clouds might mean a beautiful sunrise.

It was! This was my first photo toward the east.

A little bit later, the pink clouds were turning orange.

Then, the sun started to peak over the horizon.

It turned out that the sun shined only for 5 minutes after it came over the horizon. I snapped a quick photo of sweet Shyla in the sunshine.
 And then endless clouds blocked it for the rest of the day. However, having seen such a glorious sunrise and having had a brief time in the sun with Shyla kept me smiling even on a blah day. I am thankful.

I made a short video of a 360 degree view of the skies during our sunrise.

Thank you to our friends at Brian's Place for hosting the Thankful Thursday Blog Hop.

21 comments:

  1. wow that is a fabulous firework on your sky...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beauty! We'd be thankful to see that sight just once. Thanks for joining the Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. isn't creation wonderful? you started the day with all that beauty and got a photo of its beauty shining on Shyla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari Om
    It has been horizon to horizon grey matting over the Hutch the past three days, requiring full lighting indoors to work. Then, as I read your post just now, blow me down if the sun doesn't keek through, just enough to create watery shadows on my wall!!! thanks for bringing the light! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seeing that beautiful sunrise would make anyone feel great all day. We are finally getting a sunny day here for the first time in about a month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shyla And Those Expressive Eyes, Love Her

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely glorious the sunrise and Shyla all aglow
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, just wow. I would be up early to see this every single morning.

    Have a fabulous day. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful! And I love the shot of Shyla - she and the sun just seem to feed off of each other!
    KZK

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shyla so adorable. And I love winter clouds in the mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  11. your shots are amazing and Shyla is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We have miserable warm grey weather, well warm for us this time of year. Hoping for more cold soon.
    It's time to see some sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What beautiful skies, and a great way to start your day! Too bad it went downhill from there, but getting started on the right foot can make a day so much better.
    Jan, Wag 'n Woof Pets

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a spectacular morning sky! Yes, definitely something to be grateful for.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So lovely! And what an early bird you are!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The early bird catches the glorious sunrise:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh.My.Dog.!!! That is just beautifuls! ahhhhh...
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a gorgeous sunrise!
    hugs
    Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my gosh,,, the painted skys are splendorious!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete

If you are a Blogger registered user, you can skip the step asking you to verify that you are not a spammer. For posts older than 5 days, I have comment moderation turned on.

Thanks for your comments!!!!!