Photos and text copyright Romping and Rolling in the Rockies 2009-2017.

All photographs and text within this blog are copyrighted.

You may not copy or repost any photos or text without specific permission from the author of this blog. When in doubt, please ask.

Monday, March 23, 2015

Moose Monday

When the moose cow and calf were hanging around near our house, I watched the calf closely one day through a telephoto lens. First, he scratched his face with his rear hoof.
And then, he shook, like a dog does after going in water.

He ended his "shake" by sticking out his tongue!
One of the very nice things that I learned about Shyla during the moose visit was that she's a very calm and quiet wildlife watcher. She'd gladly sat close to me while I watched the moose from afar through my telephoto lens.
R doesn't have the patience for this role but I'm glad that Shyla does!

18 comments:

  1. I'm glad she does, too! It's a good time to be cautious and patient.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a very smart girl to observe mooses while staying close to your mom, Shyla.
    Good girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a smart girl! fun to watch the baby moose!
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for Shyla. We'd probably try to chase them and end up getting charged.....although, if we got up close and saw how big they are, we might run away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sitting patiently is a great quality in a dog. Way to go Shyla.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crikey ...... Mum would love it if I was patient like that. I'd be off like a rocket after them. She sure looks calm and thoughtful in that last photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good girl, Shyla!!! That moose looks very healthy, nice coat and so clean too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That Lil Moose is cute, but never as cute as Shyla!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good thing Shyla has moose manners! She's a smart girl! Great photos too!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is an adorable baby moose! Shyla is such a good girl for sticking by you to watch and not chase! I love the snowy photo of her!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another wonderful series of photos! All our years in Alaska, I never got tired of seeing moose, especially calves!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm like R no patience. I like to investigate stuff. Happy moose watching.

    Aroo to you,
    Sully

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shyla knows the beauty of being still,,, and she enjoys all the moments with you.
    Those photos look like we could touch those moose!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  14. They would be fun to watch! I'm glad Shyla is wise and stays with you.

    Monty and Harlow

    ReplyDelete

If you are a Blogger registered user, you can skip the step asking you to verify that you are not a spammer. For posts older than 5 days, I have comment moderation turned on.

Thanks for your comments!!!!!