Photos and text copyright Romping and Rolling in the Rockies 2009-2017.

All photographs and text within this blog are copyrighted.

You may not copy or repost any photos or text without specific permission from the author of this blog. When in doubt, please ask.

Saturday, October 29, 2016

Rainbow Saturday

As I pedaled up to Hug Hill with Shyla this morning, the sky looked dark but there were shafts of sunlight filtering through. Then, it started sprinkling a light rain. When we crested the ridge before Hug Hill, this was the sight that met us. It was one of the most intense rainbows I've ever seen.

I dropped my bike and tried to get photos. I wanted to get one with Shyla running under it but the rainbow began to fade before we were ready. You can still see it faintly behind her.

We resumed our upward path, watching the rainbow wax and wane with the sunlight and rain. Finally, it lit up again leading straight down into the forest behind Shyla.

This one is my favorite. I would entitle it "Shyla is the pot of gold". She sure is my pot of gold!
We spent a long time out on the ridges, watching the rainbow with me getting progressively colder in a light rain and a wind that had a hint of winter.

It started looking very ominous out toward the Divide.
In that one photo, you can see the brilliant rainbow, the mountains enshrouded in clouds, and the burn scar from that raging wildfire in July (lower middle of the photo).

At that point, I was truly shivering so we headed off for the forest where the wind would bite less hard. Believe it or not, I had another amazing sighting later in the ride but I'll save that for another day.

Happy Rainbow Saturday!

21 comments:

  1. Rainbows, when I was a child I always believed in the "pot of gold" but even on our 100 acres, never managed to get to where the Rainbow went to the ground. Beautiful with Shyla and all those colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your lovely rainbows! We are on our fourth day of bone-chilling drizzly (once snowing for a few hours, but in wet splats, not flakes) and generally grimmish weather...I am cheered by you and Shyla and your colorful rainbows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi KB and pack, Thinking of you and the beautiful weather we are having today. I think Shyla is your shining star! I also believe in a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, so that is what I'm wishing Shyla-that those seizures will go away for good and that you will have a year filled with health-no migraines, back/neck issues etc. Love your photos.
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  4. WE would certainly agree that you have found your pot of gold in that beauty Shyla!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an incredible picture, and I agree about the pot of gold that you BOTH have found!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!! That's a gorgeous rainbow! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are the most amazing Rainbow photos,, especially with Shyla in it! Yes,, she is your pot of gold!
    We have not seen a rainbow for a long time,,,, Its out there somewhere!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rainbow photos are beautiful and so is Sister Shyla! We have had tons of rain this fall but don't think I have seen any rainbows except yours. Leave it to the Rockies for lovely sky stuff!

    Jo and Stella

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an awesome rainbow! I can not believe how bright the colors are! Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Rainbow pictures!!!
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful rainbow and such incredible shots, KB!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh yea, that is the most wonderful rainbow and the Shyla is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Still beautiful...we know all about trying to get the camera out in time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, that was an extra special one!

    Happy Howl-o-ween From your Pals!

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  15. A day with a rainbow is a good day. And that rainbow was spectacular. I've never seen one so wide and bright. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love reading your blog and have been doing so for the last few years and never commented. I absolutely love your photography, but todays photo of Shyla running with the rainbow behind him was gorgeous. I love your blog, your beautiful dogs and the way you treat the earth

    Rach and Jasper

    ReplyDelete

If you are a Blogger registered user, you can skip the step asking you to verify that you are not a spammer. For posts older than 5 days, I have comment moderation turned on.

Thanks for your comments!!!!!