Photos and text copyright Romping and Rolling in the Rockies 2009-2017.

All photographs and text within this blog are copyrighted.

You may not copy or repost any photos or text without specific permission from the author of this blog. When in doubt, please ask.

Saturday, June 13, 2020

Shyla Saturday

It is starting. The season of my favorite yellow blooms. Yesterday, there was a small patch of these flowers blooming, and today the patch had at least doubled in size. Shyla and I were out early today to enjoy playing in them.

A Western Meadowlark perched nearby and sang his gorgeous song while we played. I found a video to share of his flute like voice.

Then, Shyla and I rode off to the shadier side of the mountain. I moved a camera to a spot that a mountain lion passed in the snow several times this past winter. I tracked him to this spot but didn't have a cam to put there. Finally, I had a camera available to move into this rocky corridor. The trail cam took a photo of us while we were working. Shyla was watching my back while I checked out the camera placement.
I feel so lucky to have these days with Shyla. She is such a sweet soul, and most people who see her on the trails immediately recognize her gentle nature. When the person is gentle like her, she's overjoyed to make friends. I am a fortunate human to have Shyla as my best friend.

13 comments:

  1. The Western Meadowlark sings such a beautiful song. You can't help but smile. You are such a gem, Shyla!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    Such sweet memories, every single moment! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those yellow flowers make Shiloh even more beautiful than she is and I love that first picture of her face expression on her face is priceless! Oh my somebody cut off the camsters head haha can't wait to see what that can get

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not that keen on boisterous dogs who try to push me over, but I think I would enjoy meeting sweet gentle Shyla on a trail :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My absolute favorite prairie bird! Thank you for starting out my morning with that beautiful song.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shyla looks wonderful surrounded by all that yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We can't wait to see what the new camera placement finds for us. That meadowlark kind of reminds us of what R2D2 sounds like. If you strung a bunch of their calls close together it would sound like him. BOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I look forward to what the camera sees but mostly I look forward to more Shyla...what a precious soul.
    Give her an extra hug from me.
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  9. PS forgot to thank you for the video of the Western Meadowlark.
    Oh speaking of birds my daughter and son in law have a Painted Bunting at the feeder.
    Evidently they love Coastal NC in the summer.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just love the meadowlark song. (I confess that the word 'meadowlark' brought to my mind not a bird but the Harlem Globetrotters basketball player Meadowlark Lemon! Funny the things one remembers. Basketball isn't much played in the UK, and it all seemed incredibly exotic when shown on TV when I was a child).
    Cheers, Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you are finally done with snow and it's nothing but flowers from here on out! :)
    Shyla is such a good girl. ♥
    Jan, Wag 'n Woof Pets

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, that burdie's song is so sweet! Shyla, you are such a good gurl ~ snoopervisin' is very impawtent work!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete

If you are a Blogger registered user, you can skip the step asking you to verify that you are not a spammer. For posts older than 5 days, I have comment moderation turned on.

Thanks for your comments!!!!!