Photos and text copyright Romping and Rolling in the Rockies 2009-2017.

All photographs and text within this blog are copyrighted.

You may not copy or repost any photos or text without specific permission from the author of this blog. When in doubt, please ask.

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Smiling on the trails

The two labs, K and R, headed out onto springy trails with me on my bike ride this morning. The aspens are gradually becoming a tunnel of green. Later in the summer, this trail will feel like a channel with deep green along both sides.Intricate, delicate, and tiny aster flowers bloomed this morning. They open up wide when the sun soaks them but the white petals scrunch closed whenever the air cools.A side view shows the bright yellow towers, the disk florets, protruding from the yellow eye of the aster.The mountains dawned dark and stormy, barely visible behind stormy clouds.The layer of clouds thinned, with the mountains glowing.My next view showed only a few straggling wispy clouds remaining.Finally, a bluebird sky contrasted with the bright white peaks. I swooped along a dry dirt singletrack trail, with barely leafy aspens surrounding me and the mountains off in the distance. I realized that I was smiling widely.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great ride - this post makes me want to run outside and hit the trails!

    ReplyDelete

If you are a Blogger registered user, you can skip the step asking you to verify that you are not a spammer. For posts older than 5 days, I have comment moderation turned on.

Thanks for your comments!!!!!